Saturday, September 6, 2014

Busch Gardens 9-2-14



Of course, I loaded the pictures backwards, but who cares?  Below is when we were walking around after the train ride below.  It was HOT and after Noon, so all of the animals (except the crazy humans) were in the shade, napping.  This cheetah, however, seems to be considering a snack.






This is without the telescopic lens on my little camera.  We were quite a distance from the well-fenced cheetah.

I had Emily take this picture so you could see how huge the purple plant is.  Actually, I think it's a wandering Jew, but I had never seen one as a landscape bush.


I have no idea what this is, but the leaves start out green and become gold.  In the hot sun, this was blinding and I had to correct the gamma a lot (on Irfanview).


I'll be darned if I can remember the names of these guys -- some type of gazelle, I think.  They are so pretty!


No, the elephants were not chained, thank God!






This pink flower (on a bush) has to be a cousin to a pointsettia.



We stopped into a grill near the exit of the park and suddenly there were 12 singers and dancers singing Mo Town! They were great!  They did the Supremes, Gladys Knight and the Pips, and many more.


No, you won't see Emily nor me in these pictures, but we did ride the Congo River Raft Ride (say that fast!) twice because getting splashed with cool water was wonderful.  Did I say it was HOT?!

On this bridge, you could insert a quarter into a water canon and splash the people in the raft below.  One woman was having fun when we were on the ride.  She shot every guy with a bald head.  Nee, nee, nee, nee!!!

Below is the "pop up tiger."  Emily took these shots because you had to climb a ladder and you popped up in a reinforced glass case.  Needless to say, her head was about 4 inches from the tiger's head.


Aren't they gorgeous beasts?



Again, remember, it was very hot and nap time.  The animals looked like I felt -- comatose.




This guy was half in a cave that opened onto this walkway above our heads.  So from around the corner on the other side, you saw his butt and tail stick out of a cave in the rocks.  He seems to be saying, "Oh, yummy! There's a juicy one!"





If startled, hippos will charge.  How do you stop a hippo from charging? Take away his charge card.



 Tommy gazelles above.



Just Hanging Around




Below is the train we took through "Narobi."  Emily took most of the pictures above from the train (she was on the window side).  It was a pleasant ride.


This is the actual beginning of the train ride.


More later.  My darn program clicked onto greyscale partway through and I have to re-do a whole bunch of pictures.  It's nap time!  (The heat is mirroring Orlando and is working up to a thunderstorm today.  It's 88 F. and very humid.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.