Saturday, September 6, 2014

Orlando Busch Gardens Gift Shop

Naturally, being me, I did the gift shop first. It called to me.  They were all about recycling and re-using materials.

These are some of my favorites and they are all wood.  I especially like the cross cut circles on the vase.


As always, I was drawn to glass.  I didn't buy any, however.  I guess you could use them for a gold fish bowl or a terrarium.


They had lots of peacock feathers too -- but we didn't see any peacocks.  Maybe they were hiding.

These hat boxes fascinated me. They were made from magazines.





All of the above and the frames below are fashioned from cloth fibers.  Below, I think the cloth was cut into strips and wound and then sewn together.  I stand corrected, the critters on the lower left of the top photo were made from colored jute.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.