Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday Is Sunny with a Chance of Fun 10-15-13

Yes ... I did look on the back of the tower for a USB port.  Mom came home and said, 'What's wrong with this?' and she slid down a panel on the front of the tower.  It had looked solid to me.

So here is yesterday's huevos rancheros.  There's coffee in the cup.


Speaking of coffee.  Mom has her pot of decaf and I have the little pot of 'high test.'  She goofed yesterday because she was rushing to a meeting and switched pots.  Thank goodness, I was able to keep them straight!

I know that I vowed to get a picture of "our" hummingbird who visits just outside the kitchen/dining table window.  He's too fast.  But here is where he likes to perch for 20 seconds or so.  It's outside of the kitchen over-the-sink window.

Pretty Peacock Perch

 
 

And this is what he might be sipping while on his rounds.
 
 

 
Hibiscus
 
I had to tweak the above picture because, of course, it was over-exposed. The sun here is incredible!
 
 
As I mentioned before, the fruit is not ripe.  Boo hoo. It's a kick to go outside and pick oranges and lemons right off the trees.  Here are some lemons.
 


 
 
Mom says she has never seen them spray the fruit and if that's the case, then this really is Paradise!  After everything is ripe, the gardeners have to take down the fruit.  They pile it in shopping carts for people to take.  It not only rots on the trees but draws (wait for it) rats.  Ewwww!

***************************
 
So on Sunday, Mom had an all day bus trip and I stayed home alone.  (Yes, she lets me.)  I did some editing, finished my ZBA notes, ate, watched TV and went to the pool.  Mom will look out the window and say, "Somebody's in my pool."  That day it was MY pool!
 
 
The hot tub is to the right.
 
 
The Canadians are not back yet, so that guy in the hot tub is somebody who just rented an apartment on another street but he was visiting his brother here at Sunrise Villas.  I heard his whole life story but what I found most interesting is that he's a retired steelworker (30 years) from Pittsburgh, PA.  He said, "I'm part of a dying breed."  Do we get our steel from overseas too?
 
Mountain View from the Pool
 
 
Speaking of Canadians, there are more than one domestic partnerships here where they live for six months in Canada and six months here.  Nice way to avoid extreme weather! It sounds ideal to me, except for the traveling.
                                            ****************************************
 
Yesterday we went downtown to Palm Springs center.  We had a lovely lunch at Cheeky's where I had amazing pesto French fries with my locally raised grass fed beef burger.  (Do they feed the cattle by hand?)  They also had Berkshire pork on the menu and I remember seeing on TV that it's a special breed, but I don't know if it originated in the Berkshires in Massachusetts. You'll have to Google that yourself.
 
 
 
The real reason for the trip downtown was to find a Hawaiian shirt for me.  Success! We went to a Tommy Bahama store which was having a half price sale.  (That's a good thing because everything was wicked expensive.  I'm talking a rayon blend sleeveless dress for $120 and up.)
 
 
 
My new Hawaiian shirt is on the left, in the middle is my "I love it!!" shirt, and on the right is a purple top and long skirt.  Mom bought me the last outfit so I can wear it to tomorrow's "dine out."  The skirt has a handkerchief hemline.  (Sharon, ask Lisa.) <-- We all have our strengths, and fashion is not one of Sharon's.
 
The "dine out" is Mom's club's once a month dinner at a fancy restaurant.  I forget where we're going but since it's coq au vin (and not "chicken in wine"), I'm thinking it will be good.
 
**********************************************************************************
 
Finally, here's the original picture that I wanted to show you.  See? I was not exaggerating about the tall rose. 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the food and the flowers and the whole place and that lovely looking woman with the lovely dark curly hair LOL (Yes I know it's you) Looks like the weather was kind to you too.
    Have fun whilst you can mate.
    Doesn't anyone else comment in here???

    ReplyDelete
  2. To get a shot of your hummer....why not stick one of those hummer feeders to the kitchen window?

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.