Friday, October 18, 2013

It's Friday Already? 10-18-13

Don't know if I can get this all in -- we have a pool date in 16 minutes.  Sheesh! It's hard vacationing!  No, I haven't been sitting around doing nothing.  I had to make-a-the meat balls-a and they were yummy.  Well, you DO have to eat them after you make them.

And it took me forever to download and edit (usually crop and resize) my zillion pictures from last night. 

Last night we went to the Villagefest that is held every Thursday in Palm Springs (PS).  It was begun by Sonny Bono (below).


So what follows are a bunch of random shots of the Villagefest.  You can tell from the sun, or lack thereof, what time it is.  We began at about 5:45 p.m.



I love these birdbaths.  Note the hummingbirds on the right.  I haven't seen any that colorful, but I sure have seen a lot of the little buddies.

 
Yes, you read that right: Ask the Rabbi

The historic building on the left, which is made from railroad ties, was supposedly the home of the founder of PS.  Behind the fountain in the center is the Agua Caliente Indian Cultural Center.  (Yes, they do call themselves Indians.)




 Above is Marilyn from afar.  Below is the sign proclaiming the Marilyn Forever exhibit.  She came to PS from Chicago and everyone loves her so much, they keep extending her stay.  The people behind here are very close, so you can see she is indeed large.


 
 
It's hard to see due to glass reflection, but this is typical PS bling.
 
Below, PS Mounted Police
 
They should call them the "Mountain Police."  They are the ones who rescue the dumb tourists who think they can take a walk in the mountains with no water and no provisions.  Obviously, the horses are useful on a search and can go where vehicles cannot.  I think it's awful that they have to take up a collection.
More later -- the pool is calling.

1 comment:

  1. Great that was really, really interesting Tina and did you as the Rabbi? LOL I liked the chair made of stuffed animals. I saw a Koala there too lol.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.