Saturday, October 12, 2013

10-12-13 Saturday

Woo hoo! I'm in California! Palm Springs, to be exact.  I got to Mom's place around 9 p.m. when my body was thinking it was Midnight.

Today we lounged around a LONG time in jammies and finally went for a lunch/supper at Coco's.  Well, of course, we had to try both the pumpkin and the banana cream pies to see if they taste as good as they look.  Yup, they do.

Then it was off to Walmart to buy groceries. (Really.)  I got stuff to make tacos. They had a package that looked like 100 corn tacos -- for $1.39.  When we got back home, Mom called a neighbor to find out about the road repair they will be doing in the complex and he asked if we had our tissues ready. Huh?  Mom and I had both forgotten that we're going to see a live play of The Sound of Music!  So I've changed into my 'going to a play' outfit which is different from the 'going to Coco's and Walmart' outfit.  Phew! It's tough being on vacation.

Mom has a giant rose bush here and I wanted to take a picture using her as the size differential.  No soap.  So, when I get it out of the camera, you have me next to the roses.  Or maybe the top of my head ...

I found out today we're going on a Chocolate Tour.  Wahoo!  We couldn't get tickets to the Annenberg Estate because they were all sold out two minutes after they went on sale.  We can walk around the gardens though, so I'll get some pictures there.

I told Mom that her clock was making a lot of noise.  No, it was the sonic "anti-cricket" gizmo.  She told me to unplug it, because it sure didn't bother the crickets.  The crickets here, by the way, are beige, not black.  And they click rather than chirp.  Anyway, she said Emily kept trying to catch them and she thinks it's because I had turned Emily against Raid.

I replied that I had done no such thing although I may have mentioned to my daughters that any genetic defects in them can be directly attributable to her having sprayed so much Raid in my youth that I often had to wear a gas mask.  Mom was not amused.  But now I hear two, count 'em two, buggers singing so I may allow her to Raid the place while we go to the play.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.