Sunday, February 25, 2018

OK, So They Are Not Beautiful

But I LOVE my new keto everything bagels!

I used a modified fathead dough. The fathead pizza was so yummy, I had to try this. Fathead starts out with mainly shredded mozzarella, some cream cheese, some almond flour, some oat fiber, baking power, and an egg.

Yeah, yeah, I know: there's no poppy seeds in my "everything bagel." I just couldn't bring myself to buy that large bottle of poppy seeds -- I did for the sesame seeds because Mom likes them and I may try crackers later. Besides, poppy seeds get stuck in my teeth. (Not a good look for me.)

Yes, I also did some cooking ahead.

 These are my standard meatballs with ground up pork rinds replacing bread crumbs.


 These peanut butter cookies are wonderful! They are Kristie Honeycutt Sullivan's recipe and it uses Sukrin gold instead of brown sugar, natural peanut butter (no sugar, no nothing except peanuts) and maybe an egg. I don't remember because I made them a couple of days ago. But they go great with a cup of tea or coffee, especially when Mom is munching on store bought cookies.

We went to Manhattan of the Desert deli yesterday and took some time to gaze at the desserts. Each "portion" of a dessert, such as carrot cake would be plenty for four or five people. Honest. I looked at a napoleon and it was about 7 inches long. (Remember, I'm a quilter and I know what a 5 inch square looks like!)

I cooked more stuff including sausages and chicken two ways. I froze 2 portion packets of stuff so thawing is easier. But more pictures of that would be boring. I hope I have made you hungry for good food.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Mom and I went to see/hear the live feed of La Boheme as staged by the Metropolitan Opera. I enjoyed it immensely. The singing was fantastic and I really need the captioning on the screen. I especially love watching the stage hands back stage. The interviewer asked the head honcho (see how great I am on names and titles?) how many people it took and he said there are about 100 people working back stage on the sets and lights. We saw one guy agonizing over putting pots of geraniums (gerania?) on holders on an outside wall. He took so long that Mom said, "How long does it take to place pots?!?"

It made me wonder if the stage hands get extra pay if they are on camera. But I guess they would have to be in the actors as well as the carpenters or whatever union. I was surprised at how many electricians there were (30 to 40). 

I also wondered how often they rehearse the set up and take down of the sets. It looked like everyone knew exactly what to do and they did it. The first and last act set was a two story jig saw puzzle and I was fascinated to watch that go together. Does someone in charge at the beginning say, "O.k., Bob, you will drive the 4 nails into the 8 widgets in Act I and Sam, you will slide the stairs into the top floor."? <-- I think this is an egregious punctuation error, but I am too lazy to look it up. After all, it is Sunday.

No, nobody's cell phone went off as in the concert with YoYo Ma and other famous musicians that Kate Flora heard. But the woman (who came in at the last minute) sitting next to Mom had such a terrible cough, we are both hoping that we don't get the plague. I guess that can't be helped, but I sure wish more people would wear a mask like they do in Asian countries.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Mom had a brilliant idea and I am sewing up the sides of Daphne's quilt with invisible thread. I really didn't want to make binding (I don't think I have the right fabric with me), so this is a perfect solution. I'm making progress but I have to do most of the sewing in the daylight. It really is invisible thread! It's not easy to thread the needle!  

*****************************************************

Went for an afternoon walk with Mom in the 70 degree sunny weather.














 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's it for now. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Once approved, your comment will appear.