Thursday, October 8, 2015

Palm Springs Sunset 10-8-15


So this is the sunset tonight at about 6:40 p.m.

And below is about 6:41 p.m. (No retouching of photos.)

Both photos were taken with my phone, which Sharon says is old. It still seems to be quite serviceable to me. :)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

So, okay, I didn't take a picture of dinner. I ate it. We had mini lamb chops, Costco potato salad, and broccoli.  Yummy. 

*********************************************************************************

Hot, hot, hot. That's how it is for me (it's supposed to get to 101 F. tomorrow). However, the natives are just comfortable. Yesterday, when it was only 97 F. we saw a woman wearing fur boots.  Really. I'm not joking.  I may melt into a puddle. 
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Today we went to the Mizell Senior Center to go to their used clothing shop and then on to Revivals, a second hand shop. Both had some very interesting things, but nothing we could use for Halloween costumes.  Actually, we have been invited to a Day of the Dead (Dia de los muertos) party. I'm not too into the sugar skull look for me, but apparently, I am so pale compared to most people here that I won't need the white makeup. 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have found, much to my chagrin, that the little old lady at Walmart is not a greeter.  She stops you upon leaving, demands your receipt and then scribbles on it. The first time I went there, I didn't understand that she was calling to me. (You talkin' to ME?) It's annoying.  Mom was more charitable: it's her job!  Yeah, well, it's still annoying, especially after they charge me 10 cents for a bag. Although it was explained to me that the city of Palm Springs levies the bag fee.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.