Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday and the Oil Burner Man Is Here

So I guess I have no excuse for not blogging.

I did manage a full week at work, although I did go home early a couple of times. It's good to be home, but all of my cold/humid weather aches and pains are back.

Saturday:

I went to Bernardston to see their scarecrows in the park exhibit. Sharon and her family made a wonderful pumpkin-faced Gru with many butternut squash minions. It should have been first place. It wasn't.
Gru and His Minions


After parking where I thought I had to (there were many parked cars in front of me), I walked about a quarter of a mile to the park. 



Not a Winner

Elvis Didn't Win Either


I walked around, looking at the various scarecrows and chatted with Sharon and her friends. Then it was time to find a rest room. Luckily, there was Antonios II there and I also had a slice of pizza and a salad. It was all very delicious, so I set out satisfied and happy.

But after walking for a while, I'm thinking, 'I don't remember it being this far, I must be tired from walking around.'

Later, 'I don't remember this farm, but I was walking past parked cars and trying not to get hit by traffic.'

Finally, 'Damn! It's getting cold and my sinuses hurt.'  So I dialed Sharon, who mercifully answered her phone,

Me: This is Tina and I'm lost and I can't walk any more. (The hip pain had kicked in.)
Sharon: Where are you?
Me: If I knew, I wouldn't be lost. (I really wasn't trying to be funny.)
Sharon: Are there any people around?
Me: No. There's a house here, but it doesn't look like anybody's home.

In a few minutes, Sharon comes roaring up to pick me up. It turns out, I had walked over a mile and a half before I caved -- I was on the way to Vermont! I had forgotten that I had crossed the park diagonally, so I had not walked on the correct street.  How embarrassing is that?

**************************************************

Then it was supper with Cyndi. She had spent the day being a house captain for the Historical Society's House Tour.


We had polenta with masala sauce in which I had cooked eggplant and a few green beans. The side is butternut squash. You see part of dessert: strawberries, watermelon, and blackberries. It was yummy! (I cheated and bought the pre-made polenta.)

*****************************************************
Sunday was Phyllis' open house/birthday/Halloween party. She always outdoes herself cooking and hosting. She is the most energetic 75 year old that I know! Best wishes to a good person and a good friend!

*****************************************************
So the oil burner guy is done. I'm going to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.