Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday Sloth

Yup, that's me. After 9.5 hours of sleep, I cannot report that I accomplished anything of moment.

I did make a tasty beef stew with red onions and red cabbage (no potatoes).  I have the rest of the beef marinating to make Chinese broccoli and beef stir fry tomorrow.  And I cooked the hot chicken Italian sausages that I got at Whole Foods. (They have the best chicken hot spices in my opinion.)

I did a load of laundry and a load of dishes.  And I have watched numerous episodes of "The Wire."  It's on Amazon Prime.  I don't want to say this cop show is old, but they are using typewriters, lol. It's quite good -- it was originally an HBO show.  There is a lot of use of the fuck word.

In fact, there is one whole scene where the two detectives do not say any other word than, "fuck."  They are making discoveries on an old crime scene.  They even degenerated into "fuckety fuck fuck," one of my personal favorite phrases.  Someone must have said to one of the writers, 'Must you use the f-word so much?'

**************************************************

It has been a lovely fall day where it's sunny and not too cool and not too hot.  I'm told that New Zealand is like this almost all of the time.  Too bad I don't know anyone there.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

As many of you know, I spend a fair amount of time surfing FaceBook.  I learn a lot, have some giggles and see what others are posting.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why someone would care if I (a) believe in God, (b) believe in saying the Pledge of Allegiance (c) think welfare recipients should be drug tested, or (d) think guys with their underwear hanging out should be arrested.  And they want me to SHARE this drivel.

Is this a way of saying what they believe in and that I'm not as good a person as they if I don't share? Why do I have to proclaim my beliefs?

Do I also have to proclaim my sadness (if that is where I am)? I don't mind proclaiming happiness because it might make someone else happy, but this other stuff just mystifies me.

And, very often, when I read comments on a "liberal" idea, I cringe at the human race that I am smack dab in the middle of.  (Yes, you can end a sentence with a preposition. Just don't do it often.)

#####################################################

I saw a woman on "Chopped" today who is 64 years old and who has been a pastry chef/business owner for many years.  She won! I was so happy that she was able to beat out the 'youngsters.' And she was going to use the $10,000 to buy a new mixer for her bakery. 

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.