Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Where to Start?

Life in Palm Springs is ... well ... different. Of course, I'm not working, but it's just a different life style. 

I've just come from the pool (9 p.m.). It is so great to be paddling around alone in the lit pool with palm trees swaying gently in the breeze. Mom came and dunked her feet in. It was lovely.

It has been so hot during the day that if I go to the pool, it's not very refreshing. The word "tepid" comes to mind. And I got sunburned very quickly so I'm trying to avoid that.

Tonight we went to Mom's "dine out," which is their monthly dinner. (It's her Widows or Widowers Club.) They arrange a wonderful price and you get soup to nuts. Here's dessert.

It was fantastic tiramisu.  Mom wanted to know why I didn't take a picture of my steak, but it told me to eat it while it was hot. 

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Also today, Mom got a new pneumonia shot. I like this sign so much, I almost stole it for outside of my office.


And they are not kidding about the 'campus.' I thought it was a shopping mall, but all of the offices are medical and health care offices.



**************************************************
We also went to Ross (similar to Marshalls) and were greeted by a pleasant young man who had LOSS PREVENTION emblazoned on his shirt. "So, you're here to tell me not to steal?" I said. "Pretty much," he said.  I think he was kidding.

###################################################

And the street names here are weird.  Two Bunch Palms Tri is one street name. Really. I'm used to Bob Hope and Frank Sinatra streets. But I just heard Two Bunch Palms Tri on the news (on a map even), so it must be true.

I chuckle every time we go past a certain taco place because their sign says, "Es muy bueno." (It's very good.) Mom can't figure out how they can be open 24 hours a day because she can't imagine anyone wanting a taco at 3 a.m.  I told her it would taste great if you were stoned. Or, so I have heard ...

*****************************************************

It got to 100 F. today, but for only six minutes according to the 11 o'clock weather. The rest of the day it was 95 ...

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%


1 comment:

Once approved, your comment will appear.