Monday, October 5, 2015

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Yeah, I'm too jet lagged to think up cutesy titles.  Deal with it.

Thank you to Phyllis and Bruce the Rottweiller for watching my house while I'm away in Palm Springs.  Mom is doing great, healing nicely.  She can't bend down or reach up (doctor's orders), but that's what I'm here for.

So after getting up at 4:30 a.m., catching a 5:30 a.m. shuttle, I left Logan airport at 9:00 a.m. tired but happy.  By then I had discovered that I had left my toiletry case in my carry on bag -- which I did not bring with me.  I was trying to travel light, but not quite that light. Emily came to my rescue.  I knew I would really NEED deoderant by the end of the day.

The flight was smooth but long. It was 4 bottles of water long and the cabin temperature must have been at least 80 stifling degrees.  The landing was as smooth as silk in San Francisco.  However, I had a fair amount of pain in my ear and I still can't hear out of my right ear after almost 24 hours. Cross your fingers that I get my hearing back because I can't tell how loud I'm talking!

At a grill at the SF airport, I heard a piper.  The USO was having a Welcome Home ceremony for veterans, many of whom appeared to be WWII vets.  There must have been at least 20 wheelchairs.  Many of us applauded.  Here's a picture of the aftermath as they were wending their way to street transportation.



Again, the Monet effect.  I'm thinking that my blood pressure spiked with excitement, making my hand shake.  I couldn't get close enough to read the gold tee shirts but all of the companions were wearing them.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

After an almost 4 hour layover, I reached Palm Springs.  We had awful turbulence (25 mph gusts of wind) over PS and had to do a flyover.  

We had almost landed and suddenly the pilot yanked the nose up.  I'm thinking, "He can see those mountains, right?" The mountains ring the PS airport sometimes causing mild turbulence, but this day's was from unusual winds.  It turns out, the pilot told us that a small plane was on the runway where he wanted to land and the small plane didn't get out of the way in time. I kind of wish he hadn't told us that ...


This is a view sitting right outside of the PS terminal. I really think these clouds added to the turbulence. Everybody hopes those clouds meant rain in the mountains.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
And today is really Monday and I was up before dawn. I know, you're thinking, 'Who is this really?'  But ... 6 a.m. here is 9 a.m. there. And I was up at 6 a.m.



Good morning, Palm Springs! (Picture is from Mom's front door.)

1 comment:

Once approved, your comment will appear.