Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday in Palm Springs, California

It's tough work being a tourist/caregiver person who must exercise in a pool, but somebody's gotta do it.

"My" Pool around 11 a.m.

 No need for the pool heater to kick in -- was around 82 F. then.  Now, it's 91 F. and I'm going back into the pool at 3:30 p.m. (15 minutes from now).

I decided to give you some of the sights on the way back from the pool this a.m.


Above is a little of the pool side planting. Drought tolerant plants have been installed.


This is what Fall looks like in Palm Springs.


The fruit is not ripe. This tree's fruit seems to be in trouble with a big brown spot on the top, some yellow and mostly green.  Mom lost her whole hibiscus bush to mealy moths. Her friend Eric is trying to resurrect it.

This is one of the two "Texas Sage" bushes that flank Mom's front door. 



After a strenuous time at the pool, lol, we went to Mario's for lunch.
Mom ordered the eggplant parmesan, pictured below.  My shrimp diavolo didn't photograph well, so you will have to salivate without a picture. 


Their sauce is fantastic! I figured it out: lots of garlic and lots of good olive oil.

Last night everyone was complaining about the humidity (I think it was 67% coupled with temperature in the 90's), and sure enough, it rained. It also thundered and there was a fair amount of lightning.

Tomorrow we are going to the College of the Desert so I can go to the swap meet. I don't know how far Mom and I will get -- it's acres of vendors and food trucks -- because I have trouble walking on hard surfaces. Although I must admit, I have been pain free (except for sinus pain) since I have been here.

****************************************************
It feels almost obscene to be having such a good, healing time as I see such horrible events in Israel and the West Bank area. I wish people would remember there is only one God, even if you call Him Allah. Shalom alecheim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.