Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday Night in PS

They have a name for it -- misophonia!

Do you have an intense emotional reaction to hearing someone eating with their mouth open  [yes! ick,ick, ick!], sneezing, coughing, sniffling [I almost strangled a co-worker who came into my office just to sniff], chewing or throat-clearing? 

Do you feel enraged when someone makes repetitive noises like tapping [yup], clicking a pen [yup], typing on a keyboard [not usually because that's me, although my new keyboard is loud and kind of driving me crazy], eating crunchy foods or making other sounds that make you want to run away or lash out at the source of the sound? 

The above two paragraphs (minus my additions in italics) are from a website which educates people about misophonia.  Who knew?

***********************************************************************

I just finished watching "The Departed" on Showtime.  Wow, what a movie. Jack Nicholson is the gangster Costello working out of Boston.  Matt Damon, Ben Afleck, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, and Alec Baldwin all played their parts well.  But at the end, I realized that I should have known it had been directed by Scorese -- there were as many bodies as in Macbeth.

I enjoyed seeing the Boston sites, but did not enjoy the violence. If you want to see a gritty cops and robbers story, with lots of BAD words, then this is for you.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Mom and I went to see "The Intern" with Robert DiNiro. It was a good movie and we had quite a few laughs. Robert DiNiro is a 70 ish widower who has tried everything in his retirement to keep busy. He has ranged from travel to arts and crafts and exercises.  One day he sees an ad for senior citizen interns for a new company.  He gets the job and is assigned to a 30 ish woman who happens to be the company's creator and executive director.  It's a movie with heart, no violence, and a happy ending.  :)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am sad to report that I have finished "Homeland" on Showtime.  It's on "live" tonight but it will conflict with "Good Wife" and it  is Mom's tv after all.

We're both waiting for "Madam Secretary" with Madeleine Albright.

Oops, it's on. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.