Thursday, October 14, 2021

September Song of Gratitude

 I have to admit that I always get a bit depressed when September rolls around because it is ushering in winter. However, I have decided to add up my gratitudes to get out of the seasonal funk.  

Sitting here in the living room in the early morning when it's still cool, I have the front door open and am listening to the crickets. Apparently, we either have a lot of crickets or a few very loud ones who make a constant cricket white noise. I hear the dog tags of Brownie jingling as he goes back into his house after a walk.

Greatful: cooler temps, knowing my neighbors are home, happy that I can hear all of the aforementioned sounds.

Jon comes by and we determine that he does not have a key to my house so I will make a new one for the now empty back key box. (The one in the front lock box is there.)

Grateful: that Jon and Farah watch my house when I'm away. Also happy that the front lock box key is there because I locked myself out of the house yesterday.

I am so greatful that two of my closest family members have recovered fully after having experienced covid 19. Also thankful that their cases were 'mild' (equivalent to a heavy cold) and not life threatening due to their having been fully vaccinated.

There's lots of other good stuff ... I'm off to another task. Back later.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Sept 20, 2021

Life has been a whirlwhind, which is good I think. Don't want to get stagnant. In the time since I started this there have been many hugs and kisses with J and my daughters. Lots of laughs, some tears. But all in all life is good. I had a particularly trying time this past weekend so I'm tallying up the good things from this a.m.: 

Yes, the polishing cream from the automotive store did completely 'erase' the loooong passenger side scrape that I had inflicted on my car on Friday. It looks great after an all over car wash (after I got groceries).

The front lawn looks a bit better since I raked the hay off it this a.m.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

October 11

It's done. J. has gone to his new family who seem to be really nice people. We will always cherish him in our hearts and we wish him bon voyage. He gave us a lot of love and that will never go away. We have smiling pictures of him as he picked apples and makes music with his new family. 

********************************************************************************

As someone once said, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." Unfortunately, a few of my friends are suffering with health challenges. I can only offer my prayers and help picking up prescriptions or running little errands for them. 

I have decided that I will be driving to California this year at the beginning of November. Since I am one who can get lost in my own backyard even with the assistance of a GPS, it should be an interesting trip. The good part is I will have room to bring more stuff, however, I don't know if it's wise to bring more stuff, lol. 

Wish me luck!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Okay, I have been dragging me feet on this. Ooops, I've been watching too much Red Rock (Amazon Prime) and I have slipped into Irish slang.

Tomorrow I have to try to salvage some of my yard. I had some trees removed and the guys promised a lot of other stuff (such as restacking the timbers in the back) which they never delivered. They completly destroyed the back garden (Can anyone move landscaping timbers?) and made a mess of the front. I'm going out with my trusty hedge clippers to see if I can do some cleaning up. I really want to see something coming up in the spring!

Today (October 14) Tomi and I went to Costco. I ordered 3 new tires for the car. The tire guy said I didn't need a fourth one. I found some great Keto crackers and snacks for my trip to California. I had to try them, of course. The snacks are yummy with seeds and coconut and fake sugar. The crackers are o.k. and will be a good conveyance for peanut butter.

It has been wonderful fall days with sunny temps in the 70s after misty cool 50 degree mornings. Some of the trees have changed color, but nothing like last year. Some of the leaves are already falling which is surprising because so many trees are still green. 

Have a great fall!








1 comment:

Once approved, your comment will appear.