Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Waiting for New Year

 

Here is half of the bouquet that Deb and Paul sent us.



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


Leeanne and I went in search of good shots of the mountains with new snow. Here are what we came up with. (12/29/20)

































TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Last Wednesday, we had a "Come eat cheesecake and be merry" gathering on Mom's patio. I made Kristie Sullivan's wonderful Carrot Cake Cheesecake. Other goodies were chocolate flourless cake with ganache, and lemon tarts. They were yummy with no sugar, just Swerve and Sukrin. We had about 15 neighbors who sat on the common grass area at least six feet apart. There were lots of lively conversations and it was fun. Some of us even had cocktails.
 Oh my. 

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

I have cleaned my sewing machine, and not that it needed it, but the ball of lint was about the size of a quarter and a half inch high. I worked a bit on my current landscape quilt. It either needs a lot of work or it's a disaster. Mom couldn't identify the subject matter so I think I am less than successful with this one. It's going to be one of those that the clue is in the title, I think. 

I have joined a FaceBook quilting group (Madame Sew) and there are so many amazing quilters who post pictures of their work. Some are amazing at making a zillion very intricate blocks. It makes me want to assemble a bunch of squares and assemble them back home. 

A couple of the quilts posted were by beginners and it showed. But what also showed was the love that went into them. Usually they were a gift for someone else such as a grandchild or adult child. One woman made many "memory bears" using (for instance) a shirt that dear departed Grandpa used to wear. She's a true craftswoman and giving bear hugs to many people.

I also have been with the Crazy Cat People FB group for a while so I thought it was time to branch out and I have joined the Doggo Group. Daily I get to see pictures of dogs and cats. Oh, yes, the Unitarian Universalist Hysterical Society on FB is always good for a laugh. Sometimes there are thought provoking threads as well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For quite a few laughs, if you Google "Frank the Christmas Gargoyle," you will find a very entertaining saga. It all began when a woman put a Santa hat on Frank the Gargoyle and put him on her front doorstep.

*******************************************************

I watched Midnight Sky with George Clooney on Netflix. I cannot recommend it. My first thought is, don't bother. However, I did read of someone on FB who thoroughly enjoyed it. So don't go by me. 

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am thoroughly enjoying The Ranch on Netflix. Be forewarned: every other word is the F word which I don't mind. Mom has dubbed it "crap" but I find the show to be well written and funny. 

Of course, Sam Elliott is in it and I have had a crush on him forever. Ashton Kutchner is pretty good as is Debra Winger. Beau (Sam E.) is Colt's (Ashton K.) father and Beau is a very old fashioned gun toting rancher, while Colt is a facial moisturizing kind of guy trying to get along with his cranky father and learn about ranching. There's another brother -- Rooster -- and other characters, including Dale the Veterinarian. (I'm slipping; I had left out two letters of veterinarian.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If I don't get back to you before then, happy New Year. But otherwise, be happy now. We are blessed. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.