Friday, December 11, 2020

Friday Eve

 A woman on Spectrum news used Friday Eve to refer to Thursday. I thought it was cute but it doesn't have a whole lot of meaning for retired folks! Every day is special. The only day I really have to remember is "trash eve" so I remember to put my trash out. There's no way I'm going to be putting it out before 7 a.m.!

So I'm still quarantining in the lap of luxury here in Palm Springs. I'm very proud of myself today because I have made the bed and done other "chores" all before 10 a.m. At home, I never made the bed because I live alone -- and who cares? But after polling some friends, I found myself to be in the minority. I actually have been making my bed at home. However, I am careful to let it air first. I hate the thought of making a still warm bed!


View from Mom's house



The two pictures below are the definition of low hanging fruit!














Lacy tree leaves



I love barrel cactus!




Picturesque eucalyptus




Oleander




View on our walk today while overcast


Nothing much is happening. The photos are from two different walks around the neighborhood with Mom. We have a good time rubbernecking at all of the houses, seeing where there might be a For Sale sign. 

We splurged today and had Panda Express for lunch. Mom and I are practicing social distancing and wearing masks. She picked up the lunch while I got to watch a bit more of The Crown on Netflix. It's weird because the actor playing Prince Philip is the same one who played a bad guy on Outlander. (He also played a good guy on Outlander in a different century.) Sometimes it seems as if there are only five British actors -- you see them in lots of shows. The old guy in Last Tango in Halifax played Claudius in I Claudius. Gee, I wish they would re-run that series!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

It's Friday and I'm up at 5 a.m. Thought I'd chat with you.


 There will be no bright light displays at The Living Desert this year. Bummer. Some of the neighbors have Christmas lights. Mom got a very cute little Christmas tree. I think it's about 12 inches tall. 

We will have our own display right here. These pictures are from December 19, 2018. That was the first year Elaine and I went to view the lights. (Last year her husband and son joined us.)













Christmas 2019

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As I said, I am in the lap of luxury here and I have just 'made' more tea using the hot water tap here. It's a miracle! Instant tea-worthy hot water right from the tap on the sink. With lemon, of course, that I picked yesterday.

The sun is coming up -- soon as the rosy fingers of dawn approached * -- and I would take a picture for you but it's only 46 F. I know, I know, some of you are freezing your nose off, but I don't really want to put on layers over my jammies. Hmmm ... maybe I have a file photo. Be right back. 


Sunrise 2018, view from Mom's house.

* That's the only part of the Odyssey that I remember.


I hope you all take a day off from the news and just be in your own little bubble with your "pod." More and more I hear people using that term and it's o.k., but it really does make me feel like a whale. Four more days and I can expand my pod of one to include Mom and Friends.

Do something fun. Maybe bake something, or paint, or dance. I'm going to be snapping pictures after I eat a blueberry muffin with my tea.


Cheers!






1 comment:

  1. Did you use the phone to take your pictures. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.