Thursday, January 7, 2021

Welcome to My Happy Place

 










Yes, that's a sunrise (above). Now that I'm on California time, I'm not seeing too many of those but I thought you might like to see it again.


On January 3rd, I went for a walk. Yeah, yeah, I konw: big deal. It was relaxing snapping pictures of the local flora.

Whenever I take this particular route around the block, I see a posted sign, "Pets seen littering will be fined $50." This gave me a mental image of a fuzzy white dog taking his wallet out of his westcott. I didn't even know dogs could read. Then a second image intruded of a few chihuahuas smoking cigarettes and one opening a pack of gum, discarding the wrapper on the grass.

[Yes, I had to look up how to spell chihuahua. !Callate, Hombre!]


Enjoy.

The roses below are Glen's. We wish him well in his recuperation.











I continue to be amazed and delighted that they use bougainvillea here for hedges (and splashes of color between greenery). This one seems to have had a visit from a more purple cousin. [I have to look up the spelling of bougainvillea every time. I wonder when I will remember it?]


I






Views walking along Palm Canyon Drive. The hazy mountain is from the winds blowing desert sands.








These little flowers cheer me up immensely. I have no idea what they are called.






And now we move on to the greenery portion of the program. 😁

















{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{


I began work on a baby quilt. There are at least five different fabrics in the yellow blocks. It's hard to see, so the detail is below.


The quilt is called Hey Diddle Diddle.




<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

We saw a roadrunner the other day. He was just walking around. I don't know why, he didn't seem to be pecking at anything.

"Speaking of food habits, the roadrunner will eat anything from insects to small mammals, as well as fruits, seeds, and prickly pear. The bird is particularly fond of lizards and snakes, including small rattlesnakes, and its method of killing them could be considered another unusual characteristic of the bird."  from Texas.gov/publications


%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Bocce balls have been ordered! I put the order in on December 30th, but no sign of them yet. It said they are "soft" so I cannot imagine what the throw will be like. We shall see! No pickle ball as of yet. Someone (not me) thinks it's too cold to play but we're supposed to get to 79 F. by the end of the week. Of course, then it may be too hot for me ... 😈


********************************************************************************************************

I made blueberry muffins this morning. Mom says they get better every time I make them so I should make them a lot! 👍

Chili con carne is in our near future.  Hmmm, can you tell it's lunch time? Time for me to go chomp something.

Things are looking up and I hope you all have a wonderful time doing whatever you are doing. Life is good!


Cheers, Tina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.