Monday, January 28, 2019

COD

The COD, aka College of the Desert has the best open air market/swap meet/street fair/good time around. We went on Sunday, two hours before closing. It was great walking around in the 74 F. temperature with a moderate crowd. LeeAnne was amazed at how much it had grown since she had last been there. Of course, the College keeps adding buildings, so the street fair has been moved while also adding many more rows of vendors.


Aren't these guys cute? I like the non-shiny one best (second from the top).



Gotta have some Palm Springs bling! The COD is in Palm Desert but these vendors know their market!




I wish they hadn't added the little crosses necklace because I like the clean lines of "the balls." But I had a feeling they didn't want my advice on display.



This photo does not do justice to this jacket. It is a true work of art. The seller saw me eyeing it and told me that they are designed  and made in "The Valley." That's the Coachella Valley. 




How can you resist these dots? I made the faux pas of calling them polka dots, which brings to mind the lovely polka music and dancing that I used to watch on local TV on the weekends. (Local to the Pioneer Valley, that is.)



These scarves gleamed in the sunshine. They were not only lacy, but also infused with tiny metal balls.




This blue painting is stunning in person and also about 5 feet tall.




Let the colors flow!



Mom was appalled that this dress cost $175. "It's hand painted!" I exclaimed. 




This fellow has totally caught the Palm Springs sensibilities.




These raisins were better that those of September. (LeeAnne bought some.) I didn't taste the Medjool dates, but both Mom and LeeAnne agreed that they were as sweet as candy.




Yes, these were genuine granny squares woven into the blouse. The fiber used for the squares looked like thread used for darning.




 These colors just drew me right in. The gorgeous blue on the far right was a mere $125. I didn't buy it. I had a very hard time passing up the over blouse and tank top (green) on the far left. It wasn't that expensive, but it was double what I usually pay. Maybe I'll treat myself on my birthday.


And last, but not least, these little guys are also metal. There are some really big ones (about two feet high) on the left that I cropped out. They were too big. Although I supposed if you put them about a half acre away, it wouldn't be bad.

1 comment:

  1. What a great place and very colourful Tina. Lots of nice stuff there.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.