Saturday, January 13, 2018

The Women's Desert Show

First, we begin with sunrise. If I'm up at sunrise, I have to photograph it. The grass here is a lush green carpet after the rain. As Emily once said about spring grass, "It looks good enough to eat!"


 This is at 6:55 a.m.


Isn't it amazing how the palm tree trunks look as if they are gold?





Mom's bouganvilla is doing well after some TLC.



This is a neighbor's orange tree. These are the only fruit. Apparently, high winds knocked the blossoms of the fruit trees so everyone here got very little fruit. I wonder what the professional orchardists did.

And then it was off to the Women's Desert Show.

 The tickets were free, paid for the Desert Vein and Vascular Institute and all of the other sponsors you can see on the sign. The Taste tickets were $10 for the food and beer and wine. You could visit each restaurant or brewery table as many times as you wished. I ended up ferrying lots of little plates of goodies to Mom!

We began by sitting outdoors and I was partly in the sun. Hoo boy! It was 80 degrees and I felt it. Later on, we went inside to a room where some of Mom's friends were at a table.

This is a quick shot of some of the food booths.





 The endive tuna boats here were delicious! I didn't have any of the "health" juice here. I think it was mango with spices, the first spice being tumeric. Apparently keto eating and tumeric are the "in" things for 2018 because I have heard both mentioned at least 3 times in the past week.


This is a huge bundt cake. I'm not sure if this one is real or 'for display purposes only,' but it gave birth to the mini bundt cakes below. I'm told the lemon and red velvet bundt minis were delicious. Somebody got a chocolate one but I didn't see them.







 Daniel, the chef above, made the most delicious lamb meatballs. A couple were served on a bed of yellow rice. When I asked him was the yellow sauce on the meatballs was, he said, "It's my own blend of spices and I don't give out the recipe." So I backed off and he said, "Tumeric and other things."  See?

 
 Live music was provided and the female singer was wonderful. Unfortunately, she had left so only get to see her roadies packing up.


Strawberry salsa on a cracker



 I was very pleased to meet MJ Sanchez-Fulton who is a newly elected trustee to the College of the Desert Board of Trustees. She's in the throes of creating what seems to be a huge fundraiser with a sit down dinner. She seemed to be still sane ... She will bring in $50,000 after only three months. I think MJ is Wonder Woman.

1 comment:

  1. Great reading as always your description on everything is wonderful. Certainly lots of palm trees there. (I think I said that before) Salmon I love.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.