Sunday, January 21, 2018

Categories

You probably have figured out by now that I love to take pictures. I take a LOT of pictures. For the purposes of today's blog, I have decided to group the photos into categories. So, these are not necessarily in chronological order. Besides, you don't care when I snapped these, do you?

Dawn



I don't know if I hear the crack of dawn in my sleep, but I still wake up at dawn every so often. I looked out and saw the very dark sky and went outside (bare feet) to see if it was the end of the world. No it wasn't, but the rainbow sure was a surprise!

Textures


 Yup, it's a plain old palm tree trunk.

Yes, there is water in this wash. The other one was bone dry.


 I love the flat paddle shaped cactus!

 You can't tell from here, but this is a fire ants home.


All of these photos are from my phone camera. The most editing I do is cropping out unwanted stuff. I do, however, often change the gamma (I have no idea what that means but it corrects overexposure and comes free, courtesy of Irfanview.). 

Nice Shapes 








My Mountains







  
The mountains were hazy on Wednesday. These and most of the other pictures are from a walk that Mom and I took. We ended up at the senior center where some very nice people explained ma jong to me.

Mizell Senior Center

 Main entrance from the parking lot.

 Entrance is right and then left.

 
They  also have fund raising bricks on the walkway outside.

Party, Party, Party! 

We went to a gathering/party for Mom's gym buddies and it was at The Purple Room.

 They had an excellent singer and pianist. I don't know why this is so blurry because I was only drinking seltzer ...


 These are lemon filled napoleons that Eleanor made for the group (28 people). From the moans of ecstasy coming from people as they bit into one, I concluded they were beyond delicious. You are now figuring out why it's called The Purple Room, right?


 Yes, I know it's an inconvenience to have to tilt your head, but I forgot to reorient this shot. It's the seared ahi tuna appetizer that I had and it was delicious!

And yesterday, we went to a birthday party with a 1950s theme. What an amazing job of decorating our hostess did!

 Cupcakes made to look like ice cream sodas!


 Have some popcorn and a Coke!


 A good time was had by all! We even had Elvis attend. The burgers and hot dogs from the grill were very tasty.

 
 I sat outside most of the time outside (in the shade) because it was too warm in the house for me. It was a covered patio overlooking this gorgeous pool and jacuzzi. We were instructed to bring swim suits for the jacuzzi, but nobody went in. The wind came up and it got fairly chilly.

I know there's not a lot to read. But I'm busy! I have started making my own cookbook. It's not with my own recipes but I am razoring out (shiver) my favorite keto recipes and putting them into a 3 ring binder -- in plastic protector sheets, of course. I finally figured out that there are some recipes I will not make in a million years, so why not just put my favorites into a binder? When I make the recipe, I can take out that one page and put it back when I'm done. And if I hand write a recipe that I copied from the Internet, I can add that too! And ... I should be sewing!!

Ta ta for now.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos!!!!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Tina thanks for sharing. On one of our morning shows on TV they had a section showing how that somewhere in America and South America that they are using those flat cactus as a food. They were showing people how they prepare them ready for eating. I should have taken more notice but of course I didn't.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.