Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Catching My Breath

As usual, it has been a whirlwind so far. Today is the first day that I woke up "in California time" at 8 a.m. (as opposed to 5 a.m. or some ridiculous time).

After Howard's birthday party which was fun! fun! fun! where I imbibed no less than two (count 'em!) vodkas and soda, I decided I had better go back on the wagon. So last night at trivia at the Ace Hotel, I was seltzer water all the way. However, I still had a great time. Here I am with our host, Bella da Ball:


She was in top form and remembered us from last year. After all, how often do they get three generations from one family for 9 p.m. trivia? The lady who calls Bingo right before joined us. I can't remember her name, but she's about to turn 90 years old and has appeared on America's Got Talent. I actually think I saw her dance -- maybe it was on FaceBook.
*****************************************************
Today: a movie and later dinner with friends (who come down from LA usually for weekends). We're going to Rick's Desert Grill which features Cuban food. They give you free deviled eggs for an appetizer!

I'm in charge of cooking Thanksgiving dinner for 7 people. Cross your fingers!

******************************************************
I hesitate to post this because it is so so rough. But many people have asked to see it. This is "No Bridge" from my landscaping class with Iola Sylvan. I have to do a LOT of stitching to pull it together. Needless to say, the tulle will be smoothed out and taut. It then 'disappears.'


 Well, I have to run. I need to make lunch for Mom and Emily and then I think we're going to go see "The Orient Express." Today is "cheap movie day" at one of the theaters. I'm really getting into this senior citizen frugal thing -- the Living Desert has a discount rate for those over age 62. Woo hoo!

Cheers!
 
 

1 comment:

Once approved, your comment will appear.