Sunday, October 1, 2017

A Work in Progress



I really am feeling like a senior citizen. I had resisted embracing that nomenclature until I realized that there are some nifty discounts (Tuesdays at one grocery store, money off my movie tickets, discount train tickets, etc.). So last winter I signed up for (and received) my key lock box with the numeric code. If I have to call an ambulance, the Town has the code and won't have to use an ax to get in to throw me on a guerney and stuff me into an ambulance. They had to wait until the ground thawed to put in the house number on a metal pole (to alert public safety to the correct house).

I wrote the above when I was in the throes of intense sacroiliac pain. A week of opioids has dampened down the pain to ibuprofen status.

Today was a good day. Two loads of laundry, cleaning the bathroom, running the dishwasher, going to knitting group (I brought hand quilting; I'm not good at knitting at all), and watching Sunday Morning all preceded the afternoon. I met Emily for lunch, went to Aldis, and cooked before we went to see "The Battle of the Sexes." I like reminiscing about Billy Jean King and Riggs, but Emily seemed a tad bored.

What did I cook? There was a rack of St. Louis style ribs with Cajun seasoning, chicken thighs dusted with pork rind dust, chicken thighs with pesto, and chicken thighs with curry flavor (see a trend here?). I still have to cook cauliflower -- I think I'll mash it as if it were mashed potatoes. Oh, darn. I forgot to hard boil some eggs. Guess I'll do that while cooking the cauliflower. I find it's a lot easier to bring a "modular" lunch where everything has been cooked and packaged. I just grab packages and go. I have to remember to put cream in a container for my Keurig coffee at work. I found packages of pepperoni for a dollar each at Aldis. Pepperoni goes great with a hard boiled egg for a snack at work.

I have been binge watching "How to Get Away with Murder." Wow, the writers are amazing with their plot twists and many characters. I think I can tell when they get bored -- there's a sex scene. One episode had three. I thought my TV would melt.

Emily showed me the quilt she had made. It's just gorgeous. She did a fantastic job for her first attempt. She sent it out for machine quilting and binding and that looked fantastic too. The recipient will love it!

Well, it's off to do a bit more cooking before bed. Night, night!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.