Sunday, March 26, 2017

Boston Flower Show Et Al

The Senior Center let me go to the Boston Flower Show with them on Friday. Yay! The theme of the show was "Super Heroes." I guess they meant of the garden as in super type flowers. 

The show was huge. I still have even more pictures -- but it has taken so long to get them out of my phone that I'm giving up (so far) with these. After all it is Sunday. There might be more later, but I'll make it into another post. (I mean more conversation.)


These inlays were amazing and they are the border around a mirror.




Above are some carnivorous plants -- one wanted to eat Batman.



I loved these garden ornaments made of glass plates and bowls glued together. I assume they melted the glass to make them stick together.




Cute bric a brac anyone?



Now we come to Luncheon with a Super Hero













These next displays seemed to be steam punk ...










Bracelets for Wonder Woman -- Made with Dried Plant Matter












And, yes, there was lunch with Hello Kitty.







It's hard to see, but it's the Vitruvian Man is in the smallest plate above. This was in the 'Victorian Era Meets Today' or some such thing. I hated the vase which looked like it should be on a farm.



 Below is "X Ray Vision."

There's a lucite circle here  that you are looking through, using x ray vision.




Title: Bam, Pow! The judges gave points off for use of black which they said, 'is not a color.' You could have fooled me. This might be my favorite.













Below








Yes, that is an old drain pipe.




Another favorite of mine.



This is set in a metal barrel stave. There were 4 arrangements using the stave.

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful and I especially liked the colors in the Vitruvian Man piece altho I couldn't see him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Tina. Love all the crafts and flower arrangements.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.