Monday, December 26, 2016

Random Thoughts


Palm Springs Hummingbird courtesy of Lorne Huston



Here are some random thoughts -- when I'm supposed to be doing something else other than talking to you! (I think this was on Saturday ... )

*  It's important to notice that your MOO hand/body lotion is the exact same shape as your hair gel/conditioner. Luckily, I keep my tooth paste in the medicine cabinet.

*  Why is it when you want to feel virtuous about doing a mass housecleaning, there is still so much to do that you're only half happy?

*  Why can't we be like California and recycle everything every week? I always have to go online to see if it's the bottles/cans week or the paper week. 

*  The beauty of having opened Christmas gifts early is (1) you can use them, and, (2) when you're sitting in the living room on Christmas Day due to an excess of eating, you don't have to look at gift wrap all over the floor!

*  I'm annoyed when my Words with Friends buddies don't take their turn, but usually I'm glad because everyone beats me and it draws it out before I lose.

*  Got deviled eggs made, sausage/hamburg meatballs are in the oven, Miracle herb Noodles are in the micrwave. The fettucini shaped noodles will be covered with a jar of alfredo sauce. Oh yes, two chicken thighs with pork rind dust "breading" are heating in the oven. If Emily can't find something she likes to eat, I'm making her drive right back home! 

*  Vacuumed everywhere, washed the kitchen half of the floor, put away clean dishes, and now it's time to clean the glass collection on the glass baker's rack. Feeling satisfaction (and hunger for lunch at 2 p.m.).

*****************************************************
Put on some nail wraps to go with my blouse.





Christmas Eve 




Yes, the reading went well, thank you. The carols were a lot of fun. I caught Emily singing and later she said, "It wasn't as bad as I feared." I'm not sure why she would think church -- particularly our church -- is so terrible. We don't even care if you believe in God. We accept everyone just as they are.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Sunday, Christmas Day

We had a blur of hanging around, Netflixing, until I roused myself from my 33rd nap and Emily and I decided to have Chinese food and a movie. The Chinese restaurant was SO busy!!

I really enjoyed Passengers. Yes, Mom, it is scifi, but you might like it anyway. There are some interesting twists and turns and a heavy ethical dilemma. The story begins with a huge spaceship on its way to the Homestead planet with 5,000 passengers and 200 plus crew members. Everyone is in suspended animation because the journey will take 90 years for the homesteaders to reach their new homes. They have booked passage and paid for it -- much like a cruise ship (on the ocean).

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Today, Monday, I slept late and finally got my butt to the Post Office to pick up my mail. I love that the boxes are open 24/7. If I ever get insomnia, ha ha, I could get my mail at 3 a.m.

Then it was on to the supermarket because you know I live a thrilling life. The leg o' lamb is not done yet and there's no picture because you know what it looks like. It came all the way from Australia. Good day, Mate!

I just finished making my version of crack slaw. Crack slaw is supposed to be ground beef, bacon fat, a lot of spices, some chili paste and cabbage.  I used sausage, bacon fat, spices, 0 carb buffalo wing sauce, and cabbage. I may be headed for the Heartburn Express.  We'll see ...



Tina's Crack Slaw


Did I mention the brussels sprouts that I'm roasting to go with the lamb?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina, I agree with you about having a Post Office box I also have one but only because we don't get mail deliveries to our houses in our small town not only that it's an excuse to go walking to the post office. Get the exercise LOL. I must try roasted Brussels Sprouts. I do love them but don't have them often enough.
    Well I hope you're over the Christmas Festival by now I know I am. Ted and I for the first time had a couple of friends over for Christmas lunch. Poor old Ted cooked too much food as no one seemed to be too hungry so we have ended up with lots of leftovers. Never mind it can be frozen most of it. All the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.