Thursday, December 22, 2016

Anticipation

Well, it's finally over. Emily's endoscope went fine and everything seems o.k. They told us to be at the clinic at 6 a.m. and when we got there at 5:45 a.m., we had to sit in the car until they opened the door at 6 a.m. 

Emily was only a little loopy after the procedure, but she was alert enough to want breakfast. After a couple of errands, we both took naps.

Then it was off to the 5 p.m. showing of Sing.  It's a great (animated) movie! The characters are all animals and they are auditioning for a singing contest. The music is great and there is a lot of it. I highly recommend this movie.

Then it was on to the Longhorn Steakhouse for supper. I tried a Montana Mule.

It was delicious! This had bourbon, ginger, and freshly squeezed lime. Yummy! Of course, the prime rib was good too.

Speaking of food, do you like my cupcakes? That's actually meatloaf wrapped with bacon and topped with mashed cauliflower. It's quite good.

******************************************************
This year I am happily anticipating our 9 p.m. church service on Christmas Eve. That's when we sing lots of carols and I'll be reading the story of the annunciation. My favorite part is when Mary says, 'How can that be for I am still a virgin?!' I've often wondered that myself. 

My next door neighbors and I bought Christmas presents for a mother and her 10 year old son. It seemed like such a small thing, but I just couldn't take any of the other adopt a family cards. They had six and eight people in their families! I hope somebody else found a way to help them. 

I have such mixed feelings about Christmas. Of course, it's lovely to get presents, but I don't really feel that is the focus for me. Anyway, I'll be glad when some of the consumer frenzy is over. Although I did hear a woman in the clinic waiting area this morning say that she saw Valentine's Day candy right next to the Christmas candy in the supermarket. That's really a bit much.

****************************************************
I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy Chanukah. But most of all, I wish you peace. Let's make this a season of peace and possibly joy.

1 comment:

Once approved, your comment will appear.