Saturday, March 26, 2016

What the Heck?

So I'm driving back from Northampton after picking up (and paying for) my taxes. When I turn onto the road in Hadley with the big field (where Cyndi and I saw the goats grazing one day), I see a guy with a big round metal thing. I think, 'Oh, they must be waiting for a hot air balloon.'

But as I draw closer, I see that the round metal frame is attached to a giant fan -- much like the ones you see on the swamp boats in Florida. And there's another guy strapping one on to his back. There is a giant engine with downward thrust attached to the "fan" which is attached to a harness on the guy's back.

Three of these intrepid "pilots" are about to take off, hopefully in a controlled flight. There were quite a few cars and pickup trucks, but I thought it would be rude of me to just yank the wheel and pull over to watch. Also, I don't want to think about any crash landings. But they must know what they are doing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.