Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter!



The sun has just come out, making me very happy. When I went to church, it was only 45 degrees and with no sun, and it was chilly. I didn't want to wear a coat because I already had a suit jacket on. (It's now almost 50 degrees!)




And, yes, my sandals do match my jacket!


The color that you see of the sandals is the actual color of the jacket. I don't think there was enough light in the picture of me in the mirror.


I have just finished washing a zillion dishes. They aren't all from the carrot cake filled with cream cheese, but they are clean now! It's almost done baking and I can't wait to try it!


This afternoon, Therese is hosting an Easter dinner party for several of us ladies, all of whom are alone today. I'm bringing asparagus!




Oh, yes. I'm bringing the carrot cake with the cream cheese filling (below)!



Yes, those are carrot curls and walnuts on the top!


I had fun making the carrot curls with my spiralizer. Thanks, Deb and Paul! Now I'm going to have a cup of tea in my Red Pony mug -- thanks Emily! (Then I pick up Phyllis for our jaunt to Therese's house.) Sigh. Life is good.

******************************************************

I'm back (7:30 p.m.). It turns out that the carrot and cheese cake is yummy! We had lamb and all kinds of sides. Therese sets the best table ever!


One of our first temptations was seeing her hand made mosaic table with starters:

It's in the conservatory surrounded by many many plants. Our next temptation came in the form of deviled eggs.


After that it was eat, eat, eat! We had 4 desserts! (I only ate some of mine and I didn't eat my jelly bean and cholate flower cup.)

I'm going to have to remember Therese's method for making napkin rings. I'll just get my glue gun out ... she is so talented artistically, I am always amazed to look around at her place.



And that's it! I have to get ready for work now. I hope you all had a great day too!

1 comment:

Once approved, your comment will appear.