Monday, June 1, 2015

Blog, Blog, We Want Blog!

My adoring fans are clamoring for a blog post.  Okay, so it's one fan.  It's my mother.  How humiliating.  There's nothing on TV, I can tell.  She's so desperate for entertainment that she told me to make something up ...

Well, no. I don't have to make anything up.  On Friday night, Tomi, Lisa, Cyndi and I went to the mall in Hadley to play Glow in the Dark Miniature Golf.  Really.  Look:




Yes, I know that both pictures look remarkably the same. They are two distinct pictures, but since it was DARK, I couldn't see what I was shooting.  So I thought I'd let you pick which one you like best.

Notice how there are no people in the shot? Yup, we had the whole place to ourselves!  We were having lots of fun until we got halfway to the back (you kind of zig zag toward the back and then come forward).  It was then that we realized that we were sweating -- and it wasn't just from our dancing between holes.  (The music was really loud!)  The temperature must have been at least 86 F.

I went all the way back to the desk and asked the woman to please turn on the a.c.  She informed me that it didn't work but if we wanted to go out for some air, we could come back.  I asked if she thought she would remember us, and without cracking a smile, she said yes.  (You have to understand, we were the only ones there and we were dancing and hooting and hollering. Since Tomi's white sweater looked smashing under the black light, I had to see if my bra looked the same.  It did.  Cyndi almost fainted, but we were ok.  I only showed my white underpants to Tomi so as to not upset Cyndi.)

We finally finished the round and went to Arizona Pizza for supper. We had two more rounds to be played, but toward the end of our meal, I asked if anyone would cry if we didn't play more and everyone said, "No!" So we happily went for frozen yogurt.  It was one of those places where you serve yourself and they offer sixty zillion different toppings -- all of which are very heavy.  Then you pay by weight.  We laughed at the sizes of the cups. They were two cups, 3 cups and vat sized.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

On Saturday, I drove to Emily's house in Worcester to 'help' her pick up her brand new car.  It's a Nissan Altima (like her old car).

Old car = blue


New Car = Cayenne  


When I asked Emily the color, she said "cayenne" and my brain said "paprika."  So I have to keep correcting myself.  It's a great ride, a beautiful car.  

I'm envious except for the fact that people keep sideswiping my car at work and I'd cry if they did that to a new car.  So I'll just have to be content with my dinged up (low mileage) 2005 Honda Accord.

***************************************************
Now, this is made up.  It's called creative writing, People.


It was a fabulously sunny day with mild breezes on the water off Cape Charles, Virginia.  He was alone, having come mid-week when everyone else was at work.  The water seemed to sparkle as the sun bounced off the tiny waves.  The little white boat gently bobbed on the calm sea.  It was an idyllic scene of a lone fisherman enjoying thinking about nothing.
Happy, Thomas cracked open another beer as he piloted the little boat toward his favorite anchoring spot.  Enjoying the warmth of the sun on his skin, he was enjoying every minute of his mini vacation from work.  He had been successful here last week and he eagerly anticipated bettering his catch of three fish.  He idly wondered if he had enough beer to go with his large bag of Doritos.
“Today’s the day,” he thought.  “I’m going to catch a mess of fish, clean ‘em and grill them up and     BOOM! 
The boat exploded in a fireball that could be seen from five miles away even through the brilliant sun’s glare.  Nobody else was there to see the ducks scatter from the hail of wood and metal shrapnel.  


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your outings with us all. I love the look of your daughters new car.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.