Monday, May 25, 2015

Monday, Memorial Day 2015

It's official: I am a true senior citizen because I ate dinner at 4 p.m. I had a very happy afternoon.  I went late to the Paradise City Arts Festival (Northampton, Mass.) because I knew I could only walk around so much.  I dutifully brought my $2 online discount ticket, but since I was so near the end, they only charged me $6! Hooray! (The normal price is $13 and would have been $11 with the coupon.)  Which is why later, as they closed, I ate dinner.  It was yummy Chinese food and mirabile dictu! it was discounted because they didn't want to bring it back to the store.

I had a lovely time wandering around in the 80-something degree weather.  Most of the art was inside at the Northampton Fairgrounds (right next to Sheldon Field), but the outdoor sculpture was outside.  Makes sense, huh?

So here are a few pictures to get your creative juices flowing.


(Below)











Metal masks -- she offered to let me try them on.  It didn't look like a good thing for me. Oh my goodness! Can you see the photog taking an unconscious selfie?







I loved the burnished base on the left. It was pieces, almost like uneven bricks and each had a textured pattern.





I left the woman's hand and foot in so you can see how freakin' big those ants are.  They had some even bigger bugs that I would not want on my lawn!

This eagle and tree were VERY impressive.  You can actually see through the tree -- this was a lot of welding!




This picture does not do Ms. Parent's work justice. The hydrangea are exquisite in person.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

On Saturday, I went to see Ex Machina at the movies.  I loved it.  It is a sci fi and, of course, deals with artificial intelligence.  But there are some interesting ethical and philosophical questions.  This is not to mention a killer ending! I highly recommend it (unless you can't stand sci fi).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I made pulled pork in the crock pot overnight.  Bad move on my part: I used soy ginger marinade.  I didn't realize I was out of bbq sauce.  I did, however, rinse much of the sauce off the meat.  It's still pretty salty but I'll just have to drink a lot of water.

I've done two loads of laundry and I have a couple more to go. I did wash 8 million dishes ... I might put them away ... don't want to rush into anything.  Oh, right, have to vacuum. I try to start the week at work clean.  Ciao for now.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing again Tina. All very interesting I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you done any pyrography lately? (I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly.) I would love to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.