Friday, February 20, 2015

Frigid Friday

The good new is that it was still light outside at five o'clock.  Yay! The bad news is that I woke up with a sore throat.  I started getting cold-like symptoms after lunch.  I really had thought the spicy Chinese jumbo shrimp would have cured me.  No dice.

So ... I had to cancel dinner at Tomi's.   Baw!  She's serving spaghetti.  So I'm sitting here in the dark writing to you.

A young college student came into the office today  and said she thought she might need to get a Library card. "The man at the desk told me I'd need one and I needed to show a proof of address."

She proceeded to say she didn't have an i.d. or a proof of address and could I do something about that?  I told her I would be at the desk ready to help her when she came back with the documentation.

"But I have a paper due in a couple of days."

Gently, I said, "But you sort of knew you would need a Library card, right?"

"I didn't even know this Library was here until yesterday!"  She's an Amherst College student.  I wonder if her major is political science.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Another college student (UMass) who is a work study student at the Library walked into the office and said, "Where's the printer?!"  She meant the chest high, six foot long, copier (which also prints from a PC and faxes).  She was facing the copier.  But the copier had been moved and instead of being behind her on the right as she entered the office, it was in front of her on the left.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\

I saw another college student (female) outside at lunch.  She was wearing flannel pajama pants and a heavy jacket.  It was -5 F. this morning and had probably warmed up to about 12 F. without the windchill factor. Should I be worried about our future?  These people are going to be taking care of us (or not) in the future.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have bought cheese and crackers for 22 people for the Wine and Canvas event tomorrow.  Cheese is ridiculously expensive!  I guess it's all that stirring and sitting around for years.  Maybe I should have gotten peanut butter and jelly -- that goes with wine, right?

****************************************************

I know this is insanity, but I really want ice cream.  No, I'm not going out for it.  But the thought of it is yummy.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I guess it's time to make tea and drop Air Shield in it.  Air Shield is vitamin C and a bit of zinc.  It has worked before, and I hope it works again.  I may resort to the Gypsy cold cure tea.  Yes, it's really called that.  It's a Celestial Seasonings tea.  When you add the water to the tea bag, a Gypsy pops up and stuffs you in bed.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.