Monday, December 1, 2014

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Worcester We Go!

So on Saturday after Thanksgiving, I went to Emily's house.  We had a lovely time hanging out and watching TV.  I made a stuffed chicken with gravy (of course) and some potatoes.  We were heavy into carbs because we had lots of work to do.  (That's my story and I'm sticking with it!)

The goal was to remove the grout from her ceramic floor tiles and re-grout them.

The blur is Lily who is camera shy but wanted to see what I was doing.

I had thought that this might be a lot of work, so I suggested we work in sections, starting the furthest from the stove and refrigerator.  Below, Emily is hard at work with the electric grout removing tool.  I had a hand tool that was like a big razor blade on a handle



It was really hard work.  After 40 minutes of hacking at the back of a small corner tile (about a 4 inch square), I thought, "This is why I went to college -- so I wouldn't have to do manual labor!"  Needless to say, we did not make a lot of progress. That is hard!  So when I left today, Emily was going to get an estimate from one tile man.  She had contacted three and I hope they all reach her with estimates.

Meanwhile, I had quite a visit with the "grandkitties."  I called Jackson and I was very surprised when he came right over to me.

 You talkin' to ME?


So I tried the same with Lola and this is what I got.


Actually, I think she's stalking the bandana.

Finally, I decided that I must get a decent picture of Lily.


Yeah, well no.  I do not want to stay still for a picture.




At this point, she has had it with the camera.



I couldn't resist this one.  I think that box on the left with the holes is to play "Whack a Cat," but Emily says no whacking.


After lunch, Emily and I made our usual pilgrimage to the shops which include a Lindt chocolate shop.  You can make up your own bags of truffles ($15/pound) with 36 to a pound.  The shop is staffed by a cute young man who gives you a free truffle to taste.  At least I think he's cute -- I was more focused on the chocolate. My co-workers are going to be happy that I went to that store!

I have one more day off from work.  I am loving my "stay-cation!"


2 comments:

  1. As usual great photos and stories thanks Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also meant to say How much I love cats but we're not allowed to have pets in these units.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.