Friday, October 10, 2014

My Oh My, How I Love

Brussel Sprouts



Yup, they were pretty yummy with the wild caught salmon!  Just thought we needed some color here!

77777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777

So it was a heck of a week at work.  The auditors showed up and gave me more homework to do.  Many very annoying people also showed up.  I can't really go into the stories, but suffice it to say, that public spaces, libraries in particular, seem to attract people who have issues.  (I've been groping for a word here, but I think you get my gist.)  Anyway, I'm SO happy it's Friday! And a long weekend too.  Wahoo!

I just have to heat up the chicken stew I made in the slow cooker last night and I'll be good to curl up with my books.  I've got two. (Big grin.)

Sue H., bless her, gave me her PERSONAL tablet to use so I could read "The Hanging Judge" by Michael Ponsor.  He's going to be at the Library next week and I thought I should go listen to him.  His daughter used to play with my daughter years ago (when he was only a lawyer and not a judge yet).  He still lives in Amherst with his second wife.  Anyway ... this is fiction, so I'm dying to see what it's all about.  (When we read of Michael's federal case judgments, he seemed to be fair and compassionate.)

And ... my book club book, "The Martian" is in and it's a shiny new hardcover book.  It's pretty exciting to read something that someone else picked out for me and this one MUST be SciFi.  The other one was definitely fantasy -- leaning toward (ugh) romance.  Bring on the little green men!

Oh, by the way, there was only one mild surprise in "Poison Study," but it was a fairly decent book.  I found one 'error' -- I can't tell you in case you read the book -- in a phrase that the heroine used. It was anachronistic and nobody else had caught it. Hee hee. That's what I do -- I'm an editor! 

Along the same lines, I found two egregious grammatical errors in a self published book recently.  The awful thing is, they were after the halfway mark -- when he had hired an editor!  I should really look into getting into book editing!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Tomorrow through Monday is the Paradise City (Northampton's nickname appended by Silent Cal Coolidge when he was Mayor of Northampton) Art Festival.  I haven't gone in years but I'm going to attempt it this year.  I usually cannot afford anything, but it is a veritable feast for the eyes.  Yes, yes, I will bring my camera.

Cheers! I'm off to eat chicken stew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.