Monday, February 17, 2014

Presidents' Day

I LOVE days off!


Lunch was warm salmon on two kinds of lettuce, cukes, and wine vinagrette dressing.


I decided to make a baby quilt. This is as far as I got.


This panel is called "Hey Diddle Diddle" for obvious reasons.  Yes, I did iron it before adding to it!


Then you make sashing.  Most people (not quilters) call this a border.


Below is the backing (aqua), then the polyester batting (white stuff) and the finished quilt top on top.


The next step is for me to pin that sucker all over the place.  Then I can tie it, which is a very old form of quilting.  It's double double knots no more than four inches apart.  Tying or sewing through the three layers is the actual quilting.  Making the top is piecing.  Finally, it needs to be bound. This is when I always hope that fairies come in and do this, but it never happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.