Wednesday, February 5, 2014

More Cruise and New Year Pics


Some of you are wondering why I haven't posted in so long.  Well, for one thing, I was sick right after the cruise.  But, when I was sending one picture of Mom and me to Mom, I put it into black and white because the lighting at that particular spot made us both look jaundiced.  What I didn't realize was that every picture I took off my camera after that STAYED in black and white.  So I have gone back and picked some that you haven't seen and re-saved them in color.




These are my favorite leis, a combination of thin ribbon crocheted into rosettes with "furry" yarn also crocheted in.



I cannot remember if I posted the "Russian Ballet" before, but the blurred tangle of arms and legs amuses me.




Through the Window



String Quartet on the Piazza

This is the New Year's palate cleanser -- pink grapefruit sorbet!  It was preceded by lobster three ways in my case.

That is a brandied pear on top of the warm chocolate "pudding" with ice cream.



My dessert was the most chocolate mousse covered in chocolate that I have ever had!


This life sized cream puff tower was outside of the dining room.  One so-called adult wanted to know if he could eat the cream puffs ...


Here we are at the Piazza waiting for Midnight on New Year's Eve.  The balloons are loaded (top) and the big screen was running continuous scenes of happy cruising life and happy people in general.




We all wore our best clothing for New Year's.  When I was editing these pictures, I noticed the Japanese lady in the center in her fancy kimono.



Waiting for New Year's is a thirsty business!




And the balloons fall at Midnight.  Happy New Year!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This chorus was made up of passengers who got together several times during the cruise to practice.  Their director was very sick and a stand in conductor had to be appointed to lead them.




I just needed the above picture because it's still snowing ...

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy catching up with you and your doings. Sounds liek a great cruise and I'm sorry you were sick later. Happy New year a little late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy catching up with you and your busy fun life. This sounds liek a great cruise at a good time to be away! Glad you enjoyed it but sorry you were sick later on. Happy new year a little late and hope you're feeling better. Hugs, jane

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.