Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday, June ? 2013

So it's Wednesday and when I'm not working, I have no idea what the date is.  Or the time.  Or the reason for my existence ...

Actually, while it has been fun being a care giver for a relatively good patient, it is a bit wearing. I cannot imagine how the super heroes who take care of loved ones for years do it.  My hat is off to them!

Yesterday, I thoroughly tired Emily out.  I started off determined to make her an excellent egg sandwich.  I even brought my egg corrals with me.  However, I learned one important lesson: The egg corrals must have more room than just fit into the pan because if they are not flat ...





you get leakage.  By the way, if you buy egg corrals, be sure they have the handy dandy handles!

After only a minimal amount of bad language, I managed to come up with:





Linda at work gave me the chick after  she realized that I'm heading into my End of Fiscal Year Crazy Time.  It cheeps if you push its feet.  The cats were first afraid, then amused, now couldn't care less.  (I think it's a function of their having every cat toy known to western civilization.  And many from Asia too.)

After breakfast, lunch out (woohoo!) and then much needed pedicures.




I don't know when it happened, but some evil fairy swapped my toes for these stubby ones.  Only a photo can make you truly aware of your failings.  I had a manicure too, having broken a nail really low.  They put crazy glue on it, but it's already not holding.  Anyway, since the woman spoke very little English, I probably shouldn't have said, "This nail is too long and it interferes with my typing."  My nails are the shortest they have ever been since I stopped biting them.  Oh well. They will grow.

But the combination of stubby toes and short nails is driving me to the tequila bottle.  Which is not here.  Not even any whiskey.  All Emily has is fruity rum type of things.  Ick.  I was remiss. I should have taught her how to drink.  My Momma knew what was good and told me.  Uncle Jack and I had a working relationship for many years.

Then it was off to the supermarket so I could do some of my "I'll cook it now so I just have to reheat later."  By the time we got home, Emily was thoroughly pooped and her sister, Deb, was due to arrive in a half hour.  What a treat to have both girls and cook for them!

I made home made pasta sauce (double batch), meat balls (double batch), pasta, and Italian bread (1/2 garlic bread) for supper.  For other times, I also cooked two chicken breasts roasted, plain, and two roasted with Italian dressing on them.  Emily ended going up to bed around 8:30 p.m.  There are veggies and salad makings in the fridge.  After I'm gone, Emily will have minimal heating and chopping to do.

Today, as always began slowly -- in fact, it's Noon as I'm typing this.  Breakfast was Emily's favorite of French toast.  It has never been my favorite, but I figured I'd treat her.  Luckily, she had real maple syrup which I used.  She, however, used the faux maple syrup that her father and stepmother had given her in a "pancake basket."




Yes, that is half a banana. I ate the other half.

Today we have to plant the purple salvia that we bought while grocery shopping.  Deb arrived with a hanging plant, but I didn't really get to see it because she had to bring it outside quickly because the cats started gnawing on it.  When Jackson (the white and grey cat) jumped on the back of Deb's easy chair, scaring the stuffing out of her, I thought she might go outside and harvest some blossoms to feed to him.  But she didn't.

It was really nice of Deb to stop by -- she had been in Spencer, Mass. getting trained.  She is going for another certification in soils.  It has to do with how porous (or not) the soil is.  I think she spent much of her day standing in a pit.  She's so cute in her 'in the field' work clothes of jeans, tee shirt, ball cap, and work boots.  I'll bet most of the other guys had difficulty concentrating.

Both of my daughters are blessed with high intelligence and good looks.  I hope they continue to use their gifts not only for themselves but others as well.  Both volunteer and make the world a little better.  Life is good.

Now it's time to do the breakfast dishes.  Maybe I should wait until after lunch ... the laundry is done.  The lawn has been weed whacked.  Maybe she wants her bedroom painted ...


4 comments:

  1. "Both of my daughters are blessed with high intelligence and good looks. I hope they continue to use their gifts not only for themselves but others as well. Both volunteer and make the world a little better. Life is good."

    Hear, hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she is getting back to normal. I am sure your good cooking will be missed. Had a nice lunch with all at Applewood on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like she is getting back to normal. I am sure your good cooking will be missed. Had a nice lunch with all at Applewood on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina,
    Apart from working in the mornings and then again in the afternoons driving a school bus I was my late husbands carer for four years until he had to go into hospital full time as I could no long cope trying to get him out of bed to the shower and toilet etc. He was only in hospital a month when he passed away in hospital. It was very tiring but even when he was gone I felt lost. I know that sounds strange but when you've been busy looking after someone and then suddenly they're gone then you think what am I going to do today? Took me awhile to get over that.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.