Saturday, October 24, 2020

If It's Thursday ...

 If it's Thursday, it must be trash day. Do you think I remembered that last night? Noooo ... and when I open the shades in the living room to let in the glorious sunlight, I see all kinds of trash barrels outside. Yes, I think I missed the truck, but I dragged my barrel to the curb anyway. In the "old" days (on Mondays!!) when they emptied the barrel, they left the top open. This new truck puts it back down with the top neatly closed. So you can't tell if it has been emptied or not. Life is difficult for the trash challenged. (I was too late.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is my new favorite "commercial." There is a real Sam Adams commercial first; don't miss the SNL skit after it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je1NIf8GeeY

I know people who have this same reaction to flavored coffees, lol.


ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I washed my hair yesterday. Yeah, I know, big deal. My point is, I let it air dry and it was kinda o.k. with lots of curls. I get up this morning and it looks like I stuck my hand in a light socket. Somehow the curls stretched out, but are still sticking out a la Medusa. Makes me really glad for the mask. (Although people seem to have no problem recognizing me. It must be the queen size.)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Luckily, Emily likes the snow suit I sent for J. I couldn't resist -- it has teddy bear ears on the hood. I got the black thinking he's a cool urban young man (instead of red) since he will be two years old in February. The kid's growing like a weed and has become a master of manipulation. I guess that's toddlers' job. They always manage to excel at pushing their parents around.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I don't know about you, but I am darn sick and tired of not only political ads, but politicians asking me for money. I have long believed that we should drastically limit campaign spending and the money they can legally collect. I got an email today from 'Nancy Pelosi' titled "Not asking for money." This included a 'survey' asking if you support Trump. And at the end, lo and behold, the only way to register your 'survey' is to include a donation. This burns me up. And if the Democrats lose this election by thinking we are the same mentality of that other mob, I am going to be royally ticked off. 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here it is Saturday and what do I have to show for myself? Not much. However, I have taken a couple of walks on the bike trail (Amherst to Hadley).

                                                       Moo.











^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rummaging around the house, I found two more quilt tops that need finishing and I still have the yellow and blue one I made in California as well.

This one is called Blueberries.




Yes, I know it's all wrinkly. I'm working on that but in the meantime, I'm figuring out the back. So far it's mainly white, but I am going to add a quilter's block or two using very dark green batik (it looks like black) and a patterned fabric. Which is why I'm very happy that I ordered a chalk pen. Last time, drawing the diagonal on the squares was almost painful. I was using a white 'sewer's pencil.' It pulled the fabric and didn't want to really make a good line.

My first hurdle, however, is getting the darn package open.


I love my kitchen scissors! It can cut up chicken and open these ridiculously hard to open packages! And, yes, the pen works well. I'm on my way making half squares.

*******************************************************

There's one other thing I have been working on sporadically.  



It's a knit blanket I call Sand and Surf. Yeah, I know, why name a blanket? It's just what the colors reminded me of. And that reminds me that I haven't visited the ocean. I should do that. Hmmm ... Boston or Connecticut? Maybe both. I'll pack a lunch. But not today.

#######################################################

I hope you all have a great week. The sun just came out so I may have to go outside and work in front yard. I've got some phlox seeds to plant. Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. You always have nice quilts I think. You say you're getting sick of the political stuff? Someone asked me the other day if I would like to see Trump get back in. I said "Who?" LOL just kidding. We're getting sick and tired of hearing all about the American voting too LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.