Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Rainy Wednesday

Before the rain today, there was quite a bit of snow in the mountains.





Leeanne and I have been going to the gym every day. I may have overdone it a bit ...





I have been knitting a blanket for Mom with really fat yarn. I'm using a size 19 needle and can only fit 8 stitches on a needle!



Three panels here equals 3 full balls of yarn. One to go.


After taking the above picture, I got busy and finished the last panel. Mom sewed them together. The color above is closer to real. Below is under lights and the energy saving lights are yellowish. I don't think I'll ever use such fat yarn. It was difficult to wrangle. It's certainly nice and warm and a bit heavy.



%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Palm Springs got about 0.40 inch of rain today. That's not much for the northeast, but it's a lot for the desert. It seems to have stopped with only minor flooding. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last night Deb, Mom, and I played Mexican Train Dominoes and we had lots of laughs. Of course, my consuming copious amounts of tequila added to the merriment but I had to compensate for the two of them claiming that I was making up the rules. I only won a couple of games, they each won some too! It was a fun time especially since Paul bartended and ordered food in for us. I wasn't up to cooking.

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Tomorrow Mom and I will be making adult sized tutus at the Mizell Senior Center. They are for some road race. I'll have to find out which one.




I thought you might like to see a dawn breaking here. This is from another day. Today it was all clouds and mist.

I hope you all have relief from shoveling snow for a while. Stay warm and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.