Saturday, August 1, 2015

Friday, Saturday

Yesterday, on Friday, I went to see Ant-Man. (I'm very surprised by the hyphen in there, by the way.)  I loved it!  Although I must admit to forgetting to look for Stan Lee's cameo.

It was not too heavy on the violence and the usual good guys vs. the bad guys plot was spiced up with a few funny digs at other Marvel characters such as Iron Man.

The basic plot is that a guy gets out of jail and can't get a job. Eventually, he ends up working for Dr. Pym, played by Michael Douglas.  All in all, I enjoyed it very much.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

And I enjoyed Sharon's party immensely.  Cyndi drove so I was able to have a few drinky poos.  It was good, but I switched to iced tea after a couple.  Her pool was wonderful, the weather was fabulous (we ate outdoors) and when the bugs came out, we played "Apples to Apples" inside.  Cyndi won two games, but we all had fun laughing.

I brought tomato bruschetta which I made with heirloom tomatoes. They really do have a great flavor! That's fresh basil on the top.

I also made watermelon bruschetta.  The toasted bread is covered with a blended mix of feta cheese and ricotta; then you add fresh chives topped with diced watermelon.  Then drizzle a balsamic vinegar reduction over all.

It was good, but maybe a bit too much work.

Later on, after hors d'ouevres and the pool, we had supper. I brought salmon poached in chablis.



Lisa brought a wonderful pasta salad with shrimp, Cyndi brought a delicious fruit salad with the best black raspberries in it, Roxanne brought wax and green beans in a vinagrette, and Naomi brought Kate Hepburn's favorite brownies.  (They were good!)

Oh yes, I forgot Sharon's lovely starter:



And Sharon had made a coconut poke cake.  It was devine. We tucked into it so fast, I didn't even think of taking a picture.  So the bottom was a white cake and while it's still warm, you poke holes in it and pour in a mixture of coconut milk and sweetened condensed milk. When cool, it's frosted with Cool Whip and a generous layer of coconut.  Yum oh yum oh yum!!

Needless to say -- I won't have to eat for some time!

1 comment:

Once approved, your comment will appear.