Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sumptuous Saturday Feeling

I had to go to my garden before I go over to Phyllis' because I know hers has me beat hands down! She asked me to help pick her produce.


Here's today's harvest.  The basil is doing well! I added the kitchen shears because the eggplant is as long as the distance from the tip of the shears to just above the bolt holding them together .  :) 



The aforementioned eggplant is on the right.  It's a Japanese eggplant so it will be long and skinny vs. the Italian pear shaped eggplant.



And guess where my brown eyed susans decided to show up? Yup, that's them on the left -- outside of the raised beds.  They always did have a mind of their own; they did not show up at all last year.



I dearly love these day lilies.  They are the only ones who survived those *&%$! lily beetles.  They are comfy in among some tall weeds.


6:00 p.m. Home again, home again, jiggety jog!  I had a lovely lobster roll at Brunelle's Marina restaurant, followed by a ride on the Lady B.


No, I don't know why they gave me a child's ticket for the boat!  Here's my glass of Angry Orchard hard cider.  It's yummy!


This part of the restaurant wasn't very full, the part behind me had a lot of people.  Everyone was offered a piece of cake.  They had a huge sheet cake with a "photo" of the Lady B. on it.  I passed on the one inch square because the lobster roll and french fries was a rich lunch!

Here's the Lady B coming in from her last trip.

And here she is docked.

I was amazed to see three boats being put into the water at the same time.  It was a $20 launch fee.






These next shots are taken during my very relaxing ride.





















Then it was off to Costco to order my new glasses and buy BIG food.  I'm going to have to clean the house to invite some people to help me eat BIG food!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  I'll probably write more tomorrow, but I cannot predict my mood or activities.  (I realize that should be "nor," but I don't like the way that sounds.)

1 comment:

Once approved, your comment will appear.