Saturday, November 2, 2013

Ladies' Brunch 11-2-13

So, o.k., I know I'm supposed to take pictures of the food BEFORE we tuck into it -- nope, didn't do it.



However, I can tell you what I cooked!  Quiche 1 had kernel corn and ham, quiche 2 had bacon and chopped broccoli.  There was homemade corn bread and banana bread.  (Note to self: bake it longer when you add fresh banana.)  There were cheese grits,  sausage gravy and Pillsbury Grands biscuits.  I also made sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, pot roast with mushroom gravy.  Dessert was to be triple chocolate cake.

But Naomi showed up with chocolate sticks that were so yummy, many people only ate those for dessert.  Lisa, bless her, not only brought champagne glasses, but she also brought 3 bottles of champagne!  Emily brought her Waring Belgian waffle iron -- and made fabulous waffles for us all.  Sharon brought more toppings (including gummy bears) for the waffles than I have ever seen before.  Phyllis brought apple cider.

Here's the crew.


 Left rear: Tina, Naomi.  Front: Anne and Ann (R)



Above Left: Tina, Sharon, Emily, Tomi



Left: Cynthia, Phyllis, Therese, Tina Sharon, Emily

I had a really good time and I think the others did too.  Cynthia had brought word games, but the conversation was so lively, we just enjoyed talking with each other.  And everyone helped clean up -- I didn't have to do a thing!!  Of course, after everyone left (except for Darling Emily) I fell asleep.

Then Emily and went to see "Last Vegas."  It's really good, really funny.  I highly recommend it!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&7

I did wear a costume to work for Halloween.



Above: Lisa (L), Tina, Sue

Above: Tina (L), Sharon

Sorry there are so many pictures of me ... but it is my blog, lol!

****************************************************************************

Going home from work on Friday 11-1-13, this is what I saw:




%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Finally, as you know, I was "in Paradise" in Palm Springs a week ago.  Below is what I came home to and it was about 40 F. instead of the 87 F. that I left in PS.  It seemed appropriate for Halloween



Today, it was in the 60's! I had the door and windows open!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Okay, I'm going for a pot roast sandwich.  Or maybe cheese grits ...

1 comment:

  1. Wow I think you cooked enough food to feed an army LOL all sounded yummy anyway. Glad you had a good time. Not many people over here celebrate Halloween but the shops seem to get right into it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.