Sunday, May 19, 2013

To Church or Not to Church?


May 19, 2013     Sunday at 3:33 p.m.

It has been so long that someone thought I had died.  So here goes.  I’m thinking I’ll start with today and work my way back.  [Smile.]

So I have this love-hate relationship with church.  It’s not that I hate to go to church – I hate to miss CBS Sunday morning.  And today, the show was all about design (which I love) and colors (for your house and inner you) which I love more.  But I needed to go to church, having been in Virginia and missing it last week.
I had been up since six, even washing all of the dishes from last night before 7 a.m., so I had no excuse.  Since I hate coming back from church to housework, I called Nancy just before I left and asked if she wanted to go to lunch or a movie or both.  We picked “Renoir” at the Amherst Cinema.  Boy, am I glad Nancy suggested it! It was great!  I enjoyed it so much – I feel like running off to sketch.

I’m just out of the shower: I have planted starter plants of a jalapeno pepper, two cherry tomato bushes, basil, snap peas, marigolds and pansies.  I made a stick teepee for the peas the way they do at Williamsburg. O.k., mine is not so elegant, but I need better sticks.  These plants have been in a wagon wheeled in and out of my garage for two weeks, so I needed to get them in the ground.  And, there are still more chores before work tomorrow.

I have to wash the new set of sheets and pillow cases that I bought yesterday.  And … I have to make rice pudding because Phyllis is coming for dessert.  Come to think of it, I’ll have to see if Ann wants to come too.  I need help eating the dessert! (This is all occasioned by having left over rice from a Chinese restaurant.)
I was going to serve the rice pudding last night but ran out of time.  Phyllis had offered me a free ticket to a ballet, which I would not normally pass up, but I was so sore from doing two lawn carts worth of weeding that I had to pass.  We dined like queens on BBQ pulled pork made overnight in the crock pot, mini colored potatoes and green beans in a balsamic vinaigrette, and stuffed artichokes.  It was my first attempt at the artichockes and they weren’t bad, but I have to fine tune the recipe.  (And get someone else to stuff them for me! What a pain in the neck!)

I really have to move and eat a bit before I stiffen up again.  More later with pictures.  Now where is that camera cable?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.