Saturday, November 11, 2017

A New Adventure Begins

Today is my second landscape quilt class with Iola (formerly Betzi) Sylvan. Woo hoo! 

So, of course, I woke up with sinus pain. If you have never had that, think of a toothache and put it in your forehead or a side of your face or all of the above. It was so bad on Thursday that I left work early. I didn't go out of the house all day yesterday, hoping that would cure me. I have been taking Airborne for the vitamin C but today I forgot to make it (I put it in tea) before I made coffee. Now I have two cups and I'm hoping I don't mix them. Ick. 

I have two giant tote bags -- one with my "new" plastic sewing machine [editor's note: not the 1950 Singer Featherweight designed for travel because it's too difficult for me to get to that plug!] and the other with many fabrics. Gotta have choices you know. I've packed my lunch, put my phone in my purse and I'm ready to go. Well, mostly. I probably should get out of the pajamas.

And I'm bringing my Sidewinder. That's my Christmas present from Emily and I'm thrilled. It has one job: it winds bobbins. It is so frustrating to be in the middle of stitching and run out of a bobbin because you have to stop everything, unthread your machine, wind a bobbin and rethread, etc. Thank you, Emily!!

I have no idea what I'm going to do, but the last (and first!) one was the desert: Palm Springs Night. So this one will definitely have some water. This Pisces is missing water.

More later, but since this goes non-stop from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., it might be tomorrow before you see any results. Cheers! (By the way, Mom, it has gone up from 20 F. at 8 a.m. to 25 F. now. Do you think I can't wait to get to your house?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.