Saturday, August 29, 2026

Fantastic 75 F. Day! (Aug.29)

 Exiting Atkins Farm Market (with my butter and sugar corn on the cob), I waited patiently to enter traffic. A PVTA bus driver broke a cardinal rule: he waved me on. My training as a school bus driver has stayed with me and I noted the white car passing the bus on the right side. Had I instantly obeyed the bus driver's wave, I would have been creamed by that car. That's the rule: never wave anybody on because they thing it's safe and proceed without looking for oncoming traffic. We were trained to wait for them to go and hopefully they checked the traffic,

After exiting the Atkins driveway I next encountered a double round about. When did rotaries become round abouts? I think some engineer visited England and decided that roundabout sounded classier than rotary and now that's what we have.

Speaking of nomenclature, when did crock pots become slow cookers? "Slow cooker" just seems weird to me. Should a microwave becalled a "fast cooker"? Or would that be a pressure cooker?

Slow cookers are on my mind because in a half hour or so, I should be eating yummy BBQ ribs. I have found sugarless BBQ sauce that is pretty good.

I have been binge watching Nashville on Netflix. I don't advise it although there is a bunch of country music that is pretty good. But as for the plots ... um, no. After the first season, I guess the writers ran out of words, because every other scene is someone kissing and/or having sex. Luckily, it's not too graphic, but it does get a bit tiresome. I kind of use it as background noise like now when I'm composing this.

I managed to fill two trash bags with clothing and one with shoes that I dropped off in the Planet Earth Charity bins. That felt good but I still have to weed more out of my closet. Some of the donated clothing is 20 years old and, yes, they are in good shape and wearable. Who knew one could accumulate so much since 1983?

Next week will be another jam making in the church kitchen. And Crafties another day making things for the Christmas fair. 

I leave you hoping for more 75 degree days. It's lovely having the windows open! Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.