Friday, September 27, 2019

And Then the Crow in Pajamas Spoke

As Dave Barry says, "I'm not making this up." I just returned from a two hour district meeting (area of town where I vote). A slightly corpulent guy stalked in and sat on a desk near the back of the room. He was wearing a black mask with a big beak which made him look like a crow. And he had on flannel pajama bottoms and fuzzy slippers (ignoring the copious rain outside). His interruptions increased and his blood pressure went up as time went on until he finally exited shouting about, "There are rats everywhere!" I think he was referring to local politicians, but I don't really care.

**************************************************

The Amherst Block Party was fun!

Sort of horizontal on fabric



Janet  Ryan, Adult Services Librarian


Our Seniors from the Senior Center Were a Big Hit


Limber Lady

Chamber of Commerce


Budding Ballerinas


Simple Gifts Farm was also selling grilled heirloom tomato sandwiches.



Their 3 sided reusable mugs were a big hit.

Band

Neighbor Farah promoting local schools




UMass Mascot Minuteman

TALL

UMass Cheer Leaders


On a Hoop in the Air



Another TALL Person

The DA gave out popcorn and handshakes.

 Bonnie registering voters for the League of Women Voters.
Town Hall at Dusk

This is how we know it's fall -- the pumpkins appear.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

On Thursday (today is Friday), we went to lunch at Judy's and had a honkin' good time laughing and eating. It was Sue's birthday last week and tomorrow is Lisa's birthday. Here we are:

(L) Sharon, Library Director; Tina; Sue, Munson Mem. Library Branch Librarian; Lisa, Jones Library Receptionist

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


I decided I have to make something for the Sleighbell Fair.


It's a tea light cosy. (Or lacy candle holder) I bought the doily and shaped it.  :) I bought all white doilies and someone at the Crafty Ladies group said, "Off white would be nice." Mom came up with the perfect idea: soak them in tea. I used two Red Rose tea bags and !voila! I now have four off white doilies. Yay! (Thanks, Mom.)


Cheers! I'm off to more adventures.
Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.