Friday, March 15, 2019

Traipsing through the Desert in Search of Desert X

Yesterday LeeAnne drove me and Mom to two more Desert X installations. The first:





This installation is made of bricks, each about 10 inches by 6 inches. Seen from above, this would be like a giant butterfly maze. There was a path lined in rocks leading to a fenced in backyard where the wooden door was propped open by a big rock. 


We did not take the path, but LeeAnne looked it up and it was just a closed backyard -- another path to nowhere.

Along the way to the installation I admired the desert verbena.









After wandering around a nice neighborhood near the first installation, we finally reached the second one. This one didn't have a real address, but they gave us the intersection of two streets.

It was a bit of a hike to the Ghost Palm.




This is a really really long shot.



The Ghost Palm by K. Ryan is really impressive. The really good photos are by LeeAnne. I decided to take a different path (literally) so I did not get as close as she.


Photo courtesy of LeeAnne Wilson



LeeAnne Wilson photo.


Yeah, yeah, that's me. We both had to hike a bit in the desert sun. There were lots of painted butterflies and dragon flies buzzing about. I was really happy to not see any snakes.


As I said, my photos are not as good. I think of them as impressionistic.













Desert Cactus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.