Sunday, August 13, 2017

And a Good Time Was Had by All


I decided to make a birthday supper for Sherylann (my step sister) and we dined like queens. Not shown is the birthday cake that Emily picked out. It looked like a giant Hostess cupcake -- chocolate ganache with a white squiggle. It was chocolate cake inside with cream between two layers. I had blueberries for dessert.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just got back from Emily's house in Worcester. Boy, was the Mass. Turnpike busy! On both sides! It's funny how those who live in the west near mountains want to go east to the ocean and vice versa for vacation. I sure as heck wouldn't want to be in all of that traffic after packing up and having spent a week having fun every minute of the day. Since I had no deadline, I didn't mind the 5 to 20 mph speed which was for quite a long stretch.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


My little basil plant is doing fine. The sour cream container is so you can tell the height (and whatever I had planted in there bit the dust, lol.)
######################################################

Yup, still hand quilting above. The white on the bottom is really a stark white as in copy paper, but my bloomin' energy saving bulbs give everything a yellow cast.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

At 9:30 p.m., it's 66.6 F. Ha ha ha ha! That's my employee number: 666. When I retire, they will be getting rid of the devil, lol.

Since I have the oven on (baking chicken and low carbohydrate blueberry muffins), I guess that's the reason it's 80 F. in the kitchen. Phew! I had to turn the window fan to blowing outward because the dryer vent is right below it. And, yes, I am drying a load of clothes.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Out of the blue, I wondered today: why do guys have Adam's apples?

Listen to what Heather Whipps from Live Science wrote:
"Girls and boys start out with similarly sized thyroid cartilage, but this changes when they hit puberty. The boys' Adam's apples become noticeably bigger and their voices change as their testosterone levels increase.
But does it do anything? Not really. Like the cartilage in your ears or nose, it's just kind of there. Some men with especially prominent bumps even have them surgically shaved, with no ill effects. [Like Caitlyn Jenner.]

Unfortunately, the Adam's apple's main purpose may be embarrassing men at the office, during presidential debates, or while lying to their wives. Besides bobbing around when swallowing, the apple can "jump" uncontrollably when you're nervous . Gulp!"
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Listen, I really do love my grand kitties. However, at 5:30 a.m. when Jackson says, "Brrrrp!" and jumps on me -- not so much. He couldn't have jumped into the space between Emily and me? I was sharing her bed because that's the room with the air conditioning.
******************************************************
While Emily and I were waiting for the lobsters to steam, she said, "Should we get lobster crackers?" And I said, "No!!" thinking that I didn't want to add any more carbohydrates to the meal. We had tossed rolls and potato salad into the cart. It was only later at dinner that I realized she had meant nut crackers to crack the lobster shells. I really think that's how wars are started.
(I have been informed that there are no lobster crackers, but there are oyster crackers. So I didn't think it was out of the realm of possibility.)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wow, I can't tell you how good a warm blueberry muffin with Kerrygold butter is! I can pretend that I picked the blueberries next door, sneaking under the cheesecloth and baking in the summer sun. The bees are happily humming and the birds are chirping their morning songs. 
It's summertime and the living is easy.  Peace.




2 comments:

  1. I love the look of all that yummy food you had. We who live in the bush over here never see such things unless we take the effort to go to the coast somewhere to eat such food and then it's too expensive to have. My closest supermarket which is half hour drive away sell crayfish which is always frozen and costs just under $49 dollars each cray. The crays are not that big and one wouldn't keep a small bird quiet. It's disgusting to say the least. I like the look of your quilt by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobster crackers!!! He. He. He. I just laughed out loud.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.