Monday, May 16, 2016

Goooooooooooood Morning!








O.k., o.k., I'll admit it: these are 'file photos.' I did go out at 6 a.m. this morning and take a picture of the mountains at sunrise -- but I'm too lazy to get it out of the camera. And I don't think it was a particularly good shot.  The flowers at the top are a bit thinner, but that bush is still outside of Mom's house and the humming birds are happily visiting it and the purple flowers.

I understand that those back East are enjoying (?) chilly rainy weather. So I guess now is not a good time to tell you that it was 70 degrees F. at 7 a.m. and will go to the 80's in the afternoon. The weather is fan-fricking-tastic!! And the pool is great -- I have had it to myself so far. Many of the regulars have already gone home to Canada and Michigan and Minnesota ... wherever they have wanted to escape winter.

Mom and I went to see "Money Monster" yesterday. It's with George Clooney and Julia Roberts. It was even better than I expected. George Clooney is one of those stock gurus on TV who has dancing girls and sound effects to punctuate his stock picks. Julia Roberts is in the control room directing the show. Very early on there is an intruder who takes the show hostage. There are twists and surprising turns and quite a bit of edge-of-the-seat suspense. I highly recommend this movie. (It is also liberally sprinkled with my favorite f word.)

After the movie, we went to the Manhattan Deli where they plied us with corned beef and brisket. I ordered the corned beef sandwich with no bread and the waitress said, "One bread?" I swear I got a half pound of corned beef on a plate. They bring you a complimentary pickle plate -- I asked for half sours. And it comes with sauer kraut and a pickled yellow tomato. (Who knew?) Mom says they used to automatically bring the pickles, but now they ask you if you want it. On our way out, a cute Mexican boy tried to entice us to buy bakery goods. They are the types of desserts that you gain weight just looking at them. They were beautiful but not for us.

So now I'm killing time until Mom gets home from the gym and a meeting. I washed her kitchen floor. Lets see if that gets me any points. She was complaining that she didn't think her house keeper used any detergent, just water. I used Spic and Span and it seemed to do the trick. 

Ciao for now. Time for me to make lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.