Saturday, November 1, 2014

Pigs, Check! Sign, Check! Kindle, Check!

Yeah, yeah, my memory is so bad that I have to make check lists for everything.  Then I lose the check list.  But enough about that.  In between handing out candy to hordes of kids last night, I finished the last two pigs.  I like them -- do you?






The green one is in a meditative state as she is mostly Irish and she's thinking deep thoughts.  (The piggies go on sale on November 22 at the South Amherst Congregational Church's Sleighbell Fair.) Yankee Doodle Dandy on the left is looking for a parade.

Which is what I'm about to do!  Deb is running her first 5 K race tomorrow.  (Is Kilometer a capital K? I'll have to Google that.) Nope, it appears to be a 5k race.  

Deb has been doing a "Couch to 5k" training program.  (Programme for our Canadian friends, eh?)  I am so in awe of her!  The money raised will go to cancer research.  I just can't enumerate how many wonderful women and men have been devastated by this disease.  I really hope we can get better treatments, if not a cure.



It's driving me nuts that I forgot a period after the D, so I'll probably affix one now.  It's not easy being me.

So in a while, I will be motoring to Gloucester, Mass. to check into my room at The Castle.  Apparently, I'll have a river view.  And Deb, Paul, and I will have an early supper (suppah, to you, Mom) at the Lobsta Place.  Yes, it really is spelled that way.  I have been wanting lobster for a long time! Yay!

The race is tomorrow in Beverly, Mass. and the starting gun goes off at 8 a.m.  It's supposed to snow tomorrow.  Ugh.  And I'll have to be there by 7 a.m. or so to get parking and toddle up to the starting/finish line.  Now, most of you who know me, know that my brain does not begin to think about functioning before 9 a.m.  (I fake it at work.)  

More later.  It probably will be tomorrow, but I'm not sure when the naps will take place.  :)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

http://www.upworthy.com/a-bevy-of-famous-ladies-sing-along-to-this-50-year-old-classic-wow-this-song-is-magic?c=undefined

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.