Saturday, June 28, 2014

Last Night on Friday

I had my first summer shandy at the Harp  (Irish Pub)! I have no idea what a shandy is, but it was yummy with a light citrus flavor.  It was a Narragansett summer shandy.  

From Wikipedia:
shandy is beer mixed with a soft 

drinkcarbonated lemonadeginger beerginger ale

or apple juice. The proportions of the two ingredients are 

adjusted to taste, usually half-and-half. Nonalcoholic 

shandies are known as "rock shandies".


Of course, it was accompanied by the BEST whole belly fried clams I have had in a long time.  Even better than the Clam Box at Wollaston Beach!






Wollaston Beach is part of Quincy, Massachusetts.  And, yes, this is what it really looks like.  Sigh.  I miss walking along that sidewalk.  The Clam Box is to the left, across the street.




So it's still Saturday.  While I was waiting for Miguel, I pulled up enough weeds on the front to fill my lawn cart.  Didn't have the energy to dump them in the back.  Got the new bag of soil out of the trunk and brought it down back -- didn't spread it though.  It's HOT.  It was about 86 today and while it wasn't as humid as in the past, it still felt very hot.

Miguel did an admirable job powerwashing the house.  You use this detergent with the elegant name of Crud Remover.  Poor Miguel had to take the machine apart and clean one of the clogged connections.  After that, I was off to the pharmacy and Famers' Market.

You know I LOVE the Farmers' Market.


Long shot from across the street of the Farmers' Market

House Plants For Sale



Globe Basil -- I had never seen this before.


Liquid Gold.  The woman tried to entice me with maple cream that you spread.  Yum!


Native Strawberries!


This is my friend, Phyllis, during one of the very few times that she is caught sitting at the Sunset Farm booth.



Really, it was the lilies, not the quilt that caught my eye.

Gorgeous Bouquets






Sexy Challots









Yellow Visitors' Booth in Background

I didn't buy a lot, but I do like the red lettuce that I got! To be honest, I don't know how the farmers do it -- it's hard work!  The real maple syrup is my favorite and it's not really expensive when you remember that it takes 30 gallons of sap to make one gallon of syrup!

After the market, I went to the supermarket to get frozen things.  I can't stand the thought of cooking in the heat!  I may just suck on them frozen and not even microwave them!  After that, it was fill up the gas tank time and then home.

Watched some Netflix, got my hair cut and went to dinner with Phyllis. Now I'm talking with you.  As you can see, this is still the blog about nothing.  But it has been good talking with you! Ciao.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.