Saturday, May 21, 2022

Summer Time and the Livin' Is ... Oh, Wait: It's Only May

 Yup, it went to 94 F. today. It's May 21st.




Yes, we went to Flayvors for ice cream. Emily and I tasted the asparagus ice cream -- it doesn't really taste like asparagus. I did, however, buy some real Hadley asparagus which is supposed to be very special. It was Katharine Hepburn's favorite, or so I'm told. I love asparagus and this is pretty good.




I felt very virtuous choosing the no sugar added raspberry swirl. This is on top of a trash container with a lovely drawing of a cow.




It was only in the 80s at this time but Bossy had staked out her cool soil for her nap.


This morning, I went to the Amherst Garden Club's plant sale. I bought some daisies and some purple flowers that look like purple daisies. The I cruised the Farmers' Market. Both were on the Town Common.


When I got home, Emily was here. Bless her, she set up 3 stand alone air conditioners for me. She also put together my new rototiller but tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90s again so I will wait for cooler weather to use the rototiller. The Garden Club gave me a big flyer on jumping worms. Ick! One of the few times I was able to get an NPR radio station on my trip home from California, they had an extensive report on jumping worms. I reiterate: ick!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


Yesterday, May 20, I had my teeth cleaned. I reference this because the wonderful rock art (below) artist is Joanne Cleary, my dental hygeniest. She's very talented!






*******************************************************


May 19 ... The lilacs are almost done blooming. The whites are single and the lilac colored are double blooms. However, I only got one (count it) lilac colored bloom. Emily said she remembered the purple as darker. I figured out she's remembering the French Lilacs from the Jones Library which are a deep rich purple. I'll have to see if I can get a shoot from those.




May 18

Dogwood tree outside of the Amherst Post Office.


Post Office Planters








(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

May 16 and 17 ... It took me two days to mow the front lawn and part of the side. The grass was mid calf. Luckily, Jacob (who has a mulching mower, yay!) finished the side and the back. He's a young man who happens to be autistic so his Mom came to show him the ropes. But he will remember for next time. He's a very hard worker and apparently really enjoys mowing. It's a win win!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I'm going to have to make my journal of my drive back from California into a separate blog post. It was fun and I enjoyed it but it's going to take a while to transcribe my notes and the few pictures I took. But one little story from then:

I missed paying a toll in Oklahoma so at the next toll booth, I  confessed and the nice young woman toll collector gave me a number to call to pay the toll. I got Lena, a very nice woman who began with, "Do you know where you were?" I had to confess that I had no idea where I was. Apparently, I was not the only one since she didn't laugh. My license plate did not turn up on a search and Lena assured me that I would get something in the mail. I told her I was relieved that I was not going to jail for an indeterminate toll.

So at least now I know where I am and I wish the same for you.  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.